I CANNOT see my screen in daylight!!!

jcardona1

Reaction score
I've always had this issue with cell phones, but it seems to be even worse on the Droid. at maximum brightness, i can hardly see my screen when outdoors. it is really annoying having to shield the screen of my phone from daylight to be able to see anything.

is there a way to make this even brighter? im rooted running BB 7.5 if it matters

thx :)

Reks

Reaction score
not sure what's up with your phone but if i'm at max brightness i could be on the surface of the sun and still see the screen.

pyro6128

Reaction score
are you positive youre on maximum brightness? When I'm on full i can have the sun hitting it directly and reflecting and still be able to see it. This thing gets pretty bright. Maybe your background is too dark? not sure if thats possible, but you never know.

Droid928

Reaction score
I actually put mine to the lowest brightness when its sunny out..I found that the glare is less for some reason..:icon_question:

Mayhew

Reaction score
No issues here. I use the automatic brightness with zero complaints.

OP
jcardona1

jcardona1

Reaction score
well i use the power control widget, and 2 clicks brings it up to max brightness. i check the settings and its also maxed out. is there something else i could be doing wrong? i honestly can barely see my screen when im outside on a sunny day

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've always had this issue with cell phones, but it seems to be even worse on the Droid. at maximum brightness, i can hardly see my screen when outdoors. it is really annoying having to shield the screen of my phone from daylight to be able to see anything.

is there a way to make this even brighter? im rooted running BB 7.5 if it matters

thx :)

I agree with the others, when this thing is on 100% bright, you could be on the sun and still be able to see it. You might want to contact verizon.

OP
jcardona1

jcardona1

Reaction score
hmm this is intersesting. ill have to go to a vzw store and do a side-by-side comparison. maybe theres somethign up with my phone

Reaction score
Try going in to the actual system setting and see if your brightness is turned all the way up. I know some have had issues with the auto brightening not going up to full, and the power widget may be doing the same to you. Worth a shot. For what it's worth, people have different eyes, and sun directly on a screen makes it tough to see most electronic device's screen.

JCo352

Reaction score
I would go to the verizon store to compare to another droid and if they're the same then i would go to the eye doctor

OP
jcardona1

jcardona1

Reaction score
HAHA my vision is fine, so i think :icon_eek: yeah i checked the settings and the brightness was turned up all the way. i dont use the auto-brightness function; i just control manually from the widget

JCo352

Reaction score
you dont have one of those privacy screen protectors, do you?

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
Same problem here. I dont use auto brightness, also do manually. Have it set at half typically to conserve battery. Guess next time this comes up Ill go to 100% brightness and see if that helps.

cchhiipp

Reaction score
No, you're not going crazy, it can be hard to see the screen when there's a lot of ambient light. If the sun is shining on something and your screen happens to be at an angle that the reflection of that object is on the screen it can interfere with being able to see the screen easily, even at max brightness. I've had the same issue as well, though very infrequently. Sometimes it's worse on overcast days when the sky is gray but still bright.