I cannot connect my Droid Razr to my PC

NetNathan

Reaction score
When I plug in my Razr to my pc it is not recognized.
It is stock and not rooted...yet. I was waiting for Ice Cream Sandwich update.
Now I have ICS.... so on a path to rooting..... as soon as I can connect it to my PC.

First question..Where do I get the USB drivers for my phone?

OP
NetNathan

NetNathan

Reaction score
I installed the Motorola Driver manager, then plugged in my phone.
The odd thing is...my PC does not even acknowledge the Razr is plugged in BUT it does go into charge mode.
Could I have the wrong cable? I have 2 and tried both with the same results.

jaybogg

Reaction score
I installed the Motorola Driver manager, then plugged in my phone.
The odd thing is...my PC does not even acknowledge the Razr is plugged in BUT it does go into charge mode.
Could I have the wrong cable? I have 2 and tried both with the same results.

Have you successfully passed data on either of these cables with any type of phone/device previously? I read on DF yesterday (I think) that there are "charging" cables that do not have the data wires present and/or connected. The OP had a good tip. He marks the ones that are charging cables so he won't inadvertently use them for data needs. If yours have successfully passed data previously or if they are Moto cables, this is probably not the case.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Jaye, you are 100% correct... some cables are designed to do both charging and data transfer, some are only designed for charging.

OP
NetNathan

NetNathan

Reaction score
I will go by the Verizon store tomorrow and sort them out. They may well be charging cables only.

Sent from NS1iPad using Tapatalk

dshaw41731

Reaction score
that is what happen to me i was useing a cable that didn't come with my phone and all it would do is charge it and i got the cord the oem cable and it works fine

thanks for the info

OP
NetNathan

NetNathan

Reaction score
that is what happen to me i was useing a cable that didn't come with my phone and all it would do is charge it and i got the cord the oem cable and it works fine

thanks for the info

Is it the cable with the "Green Stripe" that Verizon sells now as a "DATA cable" or the actual tagged "V-CAST" cable with warranty tag also?

The green stripe cable did not work for me I had to get the actual MOTO V-Cast cable with tag and warranty tag.

I actually had to take the "Green Stripe cable (which was labeled "DATA cable" by the way) back to the Verizon store and prove to them it was not USB recognized even on their own computers. They had to take a "Tagged" cable from another new phone to make it work.