I can considering the droid 2 but after reading this I'm Greatly Dissapointed!

nhra1ss

Reaction score
So it's easy to walk into a store, and find a phone that is not running well due to other customers playing with it. My advice in that case is to remember that it's the "feel" of the phone you're trying out, not necessarily it's performance.

Friends--and the 30-day return option--are good bets.

-Matt

I agree with Matt. The performance is great to have, but if you are not comfortable with the phone ( size, weight, features, etc ) you will never be satisfied. I went from a Voyager to my D2, buying it online at Verizon, sight unseen. Never saw one or held one till mine arrived. I did research the net about it ( and the D1 ) and knew I had to have it. I also found good and bad comments, just like anything you were to look into. You just have to watch what you read, it is not set in stone. Everybody has their own opinions. But I will say, my D2 is the best phone I have ever had, dancedroid. I love the way it feels and the new keyboard was a big seller to me.Just have to decide what "strikes you" and you will be happy with.

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I initially went to the store mind made up, to get a d2 in spite of it having a keypad because the reviews had been so positive if you know how to read them but the Incredible was so close in hand to my Omnia that I ended up with it.
If I were a hard keyboard person I'd be loving the d2. Its laid out nice, was faster than my old phone, felt good, looks good and when a person says the battery sucks or is great what are they comparing to? Signal strength? How do they use it etc? Coming from an Omnia that a decent length call took most of the battery, the Incredible,d1 or 2 is a huge improvement

wified from my Incredible monolith using some form of sliding keypad on Tapatalk

malibu3105

Reaction score
D2 not Excited

I have only had my Motorola Droid2 a couple of days, but seems I am not the only one not 100% happy. Sounds like some happy D2 users here though. Where do you find apps? I have had a hard time. I had an iTouch and Apps were so easy to find and get. Just use the App store. The Market app on my Droid doesn't show many apps. Seems there just aren't as many as for the iPhone.

But also, no sync with my Outlook, and my D2 does not even sync with Google contacts. Calendar syncs, and email works. But problems with my contacts. I can't even add pictures to them it seems. I am trying to work out the buts, but maybe some of you have experienced some of these issues also.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have only had my Motorola Droid2 a couple of days, but seems I am not the only one not 100% happy. Sounds like some happy D2 users here though. Where do you find apps? I have had a hard time. I had an iTouch and Apps were so easy to find and get. Just use the App store. The Market app on my Droid doesn't show many apps. Seems there just aren't as many as for the iPhone.

But also, no sync with my Outlook, and my D2 does not even sync with Google contacts. Calendar syncs, and email works. But problems with my contacts. I can't even add pictures to them it seems. I am trying to work out the buts, but maybe some of you have experienced some of these issues also.

I know there are more apps for iWhatever but there still but-tons in droid marketplace so I don't know what you mean by not many apps. Try using the search function to find what you're looking for.

Jim_KT

Reaction score
I have only had my Motorola Droid2 a couple of days, but seems I am not the only one not 100% happy.

The Droid2 is my first Android phone, and smartphone at that. So far, I'm loving it. My previous phone is a Motorola KRAZR that lasted me ~4 years. The wife had a RAZR, and moved to the Incredible. The only reasons why we decided to go the Android route were:

1) Tired of lugging a laptop around with us everytime we went on a trip.
2) We had some health problems this past year, and decided to treat ourselves a bit.
3) We don't have kids at the moment, so we can afford them.

So far, the phones are great, and I am liking the Droid2. I originally wanted the X, but was sold on the full-size QWERTY keyboard. The X seemed more suited for multi-media doohicky whereas the Droid2 felt like a phone - which is the damned thing's top level requirement.

Unfortunately, I wish I could say that satisfaction is 100%, but it isn't. I love the QWERTY keyboard, but the phone feels flimsy to me. This "feel" is something that is making me reconsider the X or even the Incredible as my Verizon 30days has yet to expire. On the otherhand, 100% satisfaction is something that does not exist in my vocabulary. Instead, I'm just going to have to pick and choose what's more important. A more solid feel, or the fact that the D2 has been the most capable phone that I have ever owned.

malex

Reaction score
Well, my 2 cents. I had a HTC Imagio until about a week and a half ago when I bought the Droid 2. I wasn't sure if I did the right thing until the first time I booted it up. Everything works like it should! No regrets except that I should have done this sooner. Great Phone!

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score

I can't remember exactly, but I believe there are over 100,000 apps in the market...I can't understand how anyone could say that the Market doesn't have many apps. You do realize you can use the Search option in the market if you want a specific type of app, or use the categories offered from the Home screen in the market.

Outlook sync is available (assuming you mean contacts and calendar from outlook just running on your PC desktop) via Google sync tool that keeps your Outlook calendar and contacts in sync w/you Gmail account, which then sync automatically to/from the Droid. (Sync for Outlook Exchange email accounts is built in via activesync support and works out of the box.)

Look here for a summary of sync options for both outlook and exchange...Home | syncdroid.net - because Androids need a good Outlook sync

Gmail contacts do sync to/from the D2, if it's not working for you either something is not set up right, or you haven't turned on contact sync. Go to Settings>Accounts, choose your Gmail account and ensure that sync is enabled for Contacts (and Calendar if you want that to sync as well). If that doesn't work for some reason, remove and then re-add that account and set up the sync options correctly when you add it. Also make sure you actually have contacts in the Gmail account, and that you have those contacts enabled to display (in contacts More>Settings and ensure the Gmail account is enabled.

hitdog042

Reaction score
If you need a camera that can snap an indoor photo get the X. D2's camera is horrific unless you are outside in broad daylight.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Didn't read any other posts besides the OPs, so dont mind me if I'm repeating what others have said:

Every device has a bad review, no matter what it is. Are you saying you read just that one review and started to have doubts? Because that's quite silly if so. I'm a D1 and D2 owner and I can tell you that while the Droid 1 can feel just as fast after rooting and overclocking, the D2 stock and out of the box feels much better to me than the Droid 1. But I sugest going into a Verizon store and messing around with one since this way you'll make your own judgment on the device.

malibu3105

Reaction score
Thank you for the info. I checked and my D2 is set to sync with my Google account, Calendar, Email, and Contacts. But Contacts do not sync. Email and Calendar do. I can't remove it, a message comes up that to unsync them I have to do a factory reset. Guess it's a Verizon thing. As far as apps, there may be lots of apps, but they are just not as easy to find as iPhone. Still trying to find a Pizza Hut app. Anyway, do appreciate the help.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thank you for the info. I checked and my D2 is set to sync with my Google account, Calendar, Email, and Contacts. But Contacts do not sync. Email and Calendar do. I can't remove it, a message comes up that to unsync them I have to do a factory reset. Guess it's a Verizon thing. As far as apps, there may be lots of apps, but they are just not as easy to find as iPhone. Still trying to find a Pizza Hut app. Anyway, do appreciate the help.

I just did a search for pizza hut in the marketplace and found five apps in five seconds that boast the ability to order from pizza hut. Just because it doesn't have the name "pizza hut" in the title doesn't mean it wont do what you need it to...

plutonium0587

Reaction score
I am coming from an HTC Touch Diamond that I had for about 2 years. Before that I had an HTC Apache BRICK of a phone and a RAZR before that. Out of all of the phones I have owned, the D2 is by far the most capable of them all. The reason I got the D2 was because my mom had a D1 and it never had a problem except when she dropped it and cracked the screen which was her fault. I know a lot of people complain about the software but I found that even though there was a lot of bloat, the phone actually ran just fine for everything I could possibly want to do. I'm sure there are some out there that need every bit of juice it can put out, but for me as an average user that likes to tweek and tinker with the phone, it works great. I have optimized it with some of the hacks which were very easy to do and it works even better now. As far as apps go, there isn't a single app that I have wanted that I could not find, and to be honest, over half the apps I download that I think are cool, I NEVER use. To answer the question about the pizza hut thing... just as a trivial point, I went to pizzahut.com and their app is only for iphone right now. Most mainstream iphone apps will eventually show up in android, just give it time. The phone, however, is a phone and I guarantee you that you can use google maps, find a pizza hut, call them and a place an order faster than using that pizza hut app! :) D2 is solid IMO. To each his own however...

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score

It's not a VZW thing, they have nothing to do with Gmail and syncing, that's all Android/Google.

If you checked all the things I asked you to check, and you actually have contacts in your Gmail account, and contacts aren't syncing/showing up, then you have a bad setup of your Gmail account for some reason...some bytes are crossed.

Do a factory reset...all your apps/settings (including bookmarks) will auto restore after you complete the reset. You'll lose your call log and SMS/MMS messages - you can back up your SMS w/SMS Backup (Market) if you want.

malibu3105

Reaction score
Can't really disagree about the Pizza Hut thing except that I had delivery addresses and account information saved so that I could order a pizza in about 15 seconds.

As far as my Google contacts, when I powered up the phone the first time it ran a wizard. basically it automatically activated the phone, and then loaded and ran Verizon backup assistant which I had on my old phone. This downloaded all my contacts into my D2. It then asked for my Google account, and synced my calendar and linked with my email. My contacts however were never synced. I have about 2 contcacts on my google account, I put them there for testing, and about 265 contacts on my D2 which were downloaded from backup assistant.

So, maybe the answer is to do the factory reset. But, I've purchased a couple of apps. I suppose they are lost.....

revision

Reaction score
Any apps you paid for remain paid for, they tie in to your google account. The phone will reinstall any apps that you currently have installed when you do a factory reset as well.