I can considering the droid 2 but after reading this I'm Greatly Dissapointed!

audiodog22

Reaction score
This was from a customer on the verizon site. Not to mention the RF problems! So i'm waiting. Maybe I should get the droid X?? i dunno my contract just expired so I can get whatever! suggestions?
“Faster but not better than Droid 1”

Reviewed by pinkblackberrychick, texas hill country on September 23, 2010
med_star_3.png

Ease of use
sm_star_3.png

Display
sm_star_4.png

Design
sm_star_4.png

Features
sm_star_2.png

Battery Life
sm_star_3.png

they added motoblur to this phone wich completed screwed up the ability to sync with facebook contacts, exchange email, regular email works as a hit and miss. the text messaging app took a down grade from D1 as did the gallery view and the over all ease of use and free flowing that the 2.2 froyo on D1 has. im my opinion they took the original 1.5 OS added a few things threw it on D2 as the new 2.2 and didnt even think about how it would work. if they had given this phone the new features that i like about it but actually used the exact 2.2 froyo OS they gave the D1 this phone would be AWESOME! I was a 1yr user of an original droid. right after the 2.2 update when i really loved my d1 more than ever it quit and i was sent this inferior phone as a replacement. i was excited at first until i took it out of the box and started playing with it.
Pros:

better keyboard new files viewer better camera functionality
Cons:

os is not the same as the 2.2 on d1 and its much worse"

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Don't let someone else's opinion sway you.

Try the D2 out you MAY like it better. If not snatch up the D1.....

droider4life

Reaction score
I would surely try to get my own hands on one and see how I like it vs someone elses opinion. I am still on the droid 1 but have spent a fair amount of time on my buddies x and I like it personally! My. 02

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I would surely try to get my own hands on one and see how I like it vs someone elses opinion. I am still on the droid 1 but have spent a fair amount of time on my buddies x and I like it personally! My. 02
Wow, so many shots to take, I don't know where to start:

(1) Anonymous, internet "review"
(2) Her username makes qualifications clear
(3) Opinion of one user
(4) You have no hands-on experience with the D2 yet
(5) Her typos and grammar errors suggest intelligence of a 9-year-old

Gee, I could go on, but you get the point. YOU'RE GOING TO TRUST THESE COMMENTS??!?!?!?!? WTF? At the very least, post a "Who loves/hates the D2?" poll on this site, if you want some useful data.

-Matt

GoPackGo

Reaction score
All he is talking about is the software and the DX and the D2 have the same software so all of his complaints would carry over with the DX. Personally I like both phones a lot but I went with the D2 because of the keyboard which is really nice to have. There is also quite a few roms coming out so if you really don't like the software then you can change it.

Sent from my Droid 2 using the damn web browser.

droider4life

Reaction score
Wow, so many shots to take, I don't know where to start:
:blackdroid:
(1) Anonymous, internet "review"
(2) Her username makes qualifications clear
(3) Opinion of one user
(4) You have no hands-on experience with the D2 yet
(5) Her typos and grammar errors suggest intelligence of a 9-year-old

-Matt

Lmao Haha ALL GREAT POINTS MATT!

want a droid

Reaction score
You also have thirty days so get the droid 2 and if you really don't love it then trade it for something else.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I mean come on pinkblackberrychick? What were you expecting? I have heard plenty of bad and good reviews, attack of the show's gadget pron called it the best phone with a physical keyboard in the market today for what its worth. Go get some hands on experience and decide for yourself. You are the only one who can say what's right for you.

RemyL75

Reaction score
OK, am i the only one that saw the part where she says "I was a 1yr user of an original droid"???

NO ONE here is a 1yr user of the Droid 1, as it's didn't debut till Nov 2009. The review was written in September 2010. Let's say she has had the phone for a good week, two tops. While that still puts her in Sept 2010, that's still only 10 months of using the Droid 1. And I am basing that on the assumption that she got it the day or month it was released (Nov. 6, 2009).
That one misstep on her part tells me I wouldn't use her review to base my next phone purchase on. The rest of the review doesn't help sway me either.

kechamb

Reaction score
I think the review is way off. I have only had the d2 for a couple of weeks and love it so far and haven't had any real issues. When I was doing research I found the reviews to be half pro half con and that they were usually guide by loyalty to one product over another not actual function of the product. My suggestions, first listen to people here on the boards they were my biggest help in making a final decision, second go to the Verizon store or find a friend with a D2 or whatever phone you are looking for and play with it for awhile and see what you think getting my hands on it was what sold me.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
D2 is a solid Droid. Battery life is the same as any other smart phone, come on they are all bad. It hasn't froze or crashed on me a single time since I had it. Works great, right out of the box. All you have to really do is trash all that blur stuff and it's ready to go.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
That one misstep on her part tells me I wouldn't use her review to base my next phone purchase on. The rest of the review doesn't help sway me either.
Yeah, and my writing analysis points to a mental age of 9. Clearly the reviewer's math skills are equally lacking. ;) OK, enough character assassination.

My suggestions, first listen to people here on the boards they were my biggest help in making a final decision, second go to the Verizon store or find a friend with a D2 or whatever phone you are looking for and play with it for awhile and see what you think getting my hands on it was what sold me.
This is really solid advice. I particularly like the idea of playing with a friend's phone. In my case, I've spent significant time with each phone at the store--but after buying the D1 I realized that the demo models vary significantly. It would be awesome if they were wiped and restored by the technical staff each night, but they're not. So it's easy to walk into a store, and find a phone that is not running well due to other customers playing with it. My advice in that case is to remember that it's the "feel" of the phone you're trying out, not necessarily it's performance.

Friends--and the 30-day return option--are good bets.

-Matt

spdivr1122

Reaction score
Personally the Droid x Is way too big for me. I got the Droid 2 coming from the Droid 1 and I absolutely love it

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK, am i the only one that saw the part where she says "I was a 1yr user of an original droid"???

NO ONE here is a 1yr user of the Droid 1, as it's didn't debut till Nov 2009. The review was written in September 2010. Let's say she has had the phone for a good week, two tops. While that still puts her in Sept 2010, that's still only 10 months of using the Droid 1. And I am basing that on the assumption that she got it the day or month it was released (Nov. 6, 2009).

I like the ones that say they've been using a Fascinate for 6 months or more or they suck because they didn't hold up when thrown against the wall
Go to a store, try one out, you will see its much better than the review that was in the op.

wified from my Incredible monolith using some form of sliding keypad on Tapatalk

wmnomore

Reaction score
I myself no longer listen to anyone's review anymore. check it out yourself.
I had the droid1 and this is my review of droid2:
-Feels way better in your hand-more rounded, feels lighter for some reason
-Like the polished chrome on bezel-won't chip like the droid1 did
-3.5mm headphone jack is made better-less loose feeling than droid1
-more widgets-which some may say aren't the best, but i like them
-hard keyboard is way better-don't have to reach from right-side and feel is better
-battery life of droidx is best of all androids-droid2 is second. droid1 is most-likely same as droid2, but they didn't test it. google this if interested.
But don't listen to personal reviews, do your own.

Droid 1 owners:don't flame me. I loved my droid1 and hacked it to hell and back. Didn't want to move-on, but i like the droid 2 better now for many reasons. Oh, and i am running a custom rom also. something that many said couldn't be done.

Good luck,
chris