I came up with a phone/tablet idea.....

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
....and I want credit for it if any companies steals it before I can do anything with it!

Android phone, that snaps into the back of a tablet display case and doubles as a tablet. While in tablet "mode" you can take and make calls in speaker mode, or with a headset.

Two devices, but only one big price.

Thoughts?

FreeTrader

Reaction score
Phone Tablet Idea :)

Hey google here's n idea 4 ya How about putting in a Sim Card slot

on your new Android Tablet ,,, heard it's the New Gotta have gadget

well if i could but in my sim & use it also as a Phone that would be sweet

Also add Hybred tech for Cdma & Iden etc for us Ptt users Hell while Ur at it trown in all the phonetech that will fit Ex: Phone as a modem & other assorted goodies ,,, Hey i can dream cant i ? LoL

TheOldFart

Reaction score
That's a product that I would want. Start with a phone that is not too big, like a 3.7 or 4 inch screen phone. Then have a 8.9 or 10 inch screen tablet that it plugs into. However, I doubt that the dumb tablet would be anywhere near $150. Being that the Atrix laptop dock is $500, I would expect the dumb tablet to be about $300, maybe even more. Still, a good idea that I expect would sell. Then we would only need 1 data plan for 2 devices. I think I would buy it if the tablet were $300 or less and the phone were normally priced.

darkmatter

Reaction score
I think I posted this exact idea a month or two ago.

Would be easy enough to do. Even easier than the atrix docks which uses another os for docking. A tablet would just extend the screen to a tablet, no extra software needed.

FreeTrader

Reaction score
Phone / tablet Idea

Dude You read My Mind ? LoL
i Just saw the commercial for the Phone / computer in one
i assume it's the "

Laptop Dock for MOTOROLA ATRIX? 4G - Overview - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA " ????

Donno ? Only saw it once so far :D looks Pretty Cool so I
assume it could be done on a android Tablet Pretty Easy
Just Have to Make sure it Has enough Ram & Hdd / memory card Space & etc ??? Can't Wait to see if they run w this Idea ???
C-Mon Moto & Google -Etc Go 4 It I Know I'd Buy one

I think I posted this exact idea a month or two ago.

Would be easy enough to do. Even easier than the atrix docks which uses another os for docking. A tablet would just extend the screen to a tablet, no extra software needed.