I bought my Verizon Moto X outright so....

OP
akhenax

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I bought mine outright for 1¢ on Amazon. One big reason was to keep my unlimited data plan, and the other was, well, $0.01 for an awesome phone.

But then I analyzed my data usage over the past 6 months and decided to drop it and go with an 8gb share everything plan. I never got over 4gb with all 4 lines and this saves me $20/month.

So er... My Moto X put me back 400 dollars, and yours was one cent. We both got to keep unlimited data. I'd say you got the better deal given that my Moto X was 399.99 dollars more than yours. :blink:

I also never go over 4 Gigs, even on my rooted wifi tether able GNex. Still, never know what I might need one day.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
So er... My Moto X put me back 400 dollars, and yours was one cent. We both got to keep unlimited data. I'd say you got the better deal given that my Moto X was 399.99 dollars more than yours. :blink:

I also never go over 4 Gigs, even on my rooted wifi tether able GNex. Still, never know what I might need one day.

I don't think he got to keep unlimited. To use .01 through Amazon he either had to add a new line (and you don't get to choose unlimited) or had to be eligible for an upgrade. I think he was saying that he would have paid outright to keep unlimited but after checking his usage decided he could live with 8gb share everything.

OP
akhenax

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think he got to keep unlimited. To use .01 through Amazon he either had to add a new line (and you don't get to choose unlimited) or had to be eligible for an upgrade. I think he was saying that he would have paid outright to keep unlimited but after checking his usage decided he could live with 8gb share everything.

I agree that makes more sense, but it seemed like he dropped his unlimited and got the share everything plan to just save money.

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
You CAN root it, but you can't boot loader unlock it. If you want to unlock the boot loader then you need the Moto X Dev edition.

Scott0719

Reaction score
You CAN root it, but you can't boot loader unlock it. If you want to unlock the boot loader then you need the Moto X Dev edition.

I just want to make sure I understand this... An unlocked bootloader is what let's you load custom roms correct?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
I just want to make sure I understand this... An unlocked bootloader is what let's you load custom roms correct?

That is correct. Unlocked boot loader allows a custom recovery, which allows custom ROMs.

Texted while driving (hands free) on my Moto X.

Scott0719

Reaction score
Thanks. I don't need that. I spent way too much time flashing roms on my S3. All I want is root access. From what I've read though it isn't too simple yet.

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
Thanks. I don't need that. I spent way too much time flashing roms on my S3. All I want is root access. From what I've read though it isn't too simple yet.

Its actually not too bad. If you can flash a ROM you can root pretty easy.

Texted while driving (hands free) on my Moto X.

Scott0719

Reaction score
Alright well I'll read more about it then.

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
You will want to use "SlapMyMoto". It gets a little confusing to know which one to use. Here is the link to how to root your Moto X. I might try to do a write up on how to do it and make it a little more understandable, but Im too tired right now! :)

>>> Root Link <<<<