I bought my Verizon Moto X outright so....

jspradling7

Reaction score
I'm very interested in this phone. Coming from the S3. But I'm having a hard time deciding between this, the DROID Maxx and the G2. I feel like the X is a little more simple and straightforward and I kinda like that. I just wish the battery was a little better. I like the battery in the Maxx of course. The X would be perfect if it were around 2700 mhp or whatever it is.

I do want to be able to root just to be able to freeze bloatware and use some of the root apps I bought.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I bought my Moto X outright after reading so many good posts about it and I wanted a smaller phone for work. I like its small size, simple UI, great GPS and radios. The battery is just fine. The active display and touchless controls are handy without being gimmicky. I haven't and probably won't root mine either, it's fine just the way it is. I did add the Power Toggles app because I like having the familiar toggle layout and I use Apex launcher. I do prefer using the S4 or G2 on the weekends though.

Scott0719

Reaction score
Yeah I'm leaning towards getting this I want to go into a store and actually hold a working model.

I really hope they continue to update it. I want something that doesn't get old too fast.

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
As anybody should understand, the law is changing about carrier locking.
I believe it is in its infancy at this time, but I am certain a ruling will arrive that forces the carriers to provide unlocking codes when asked, and also be prevented from denying owners of their devices from moving to different carriers when they see fit, instead of locking them and their devices to their system, whether or not they like or approve.
This must be the ruling, non-subsidized devices are the property of the customer, and not the property of the carrier any longer, so unlocking the devices must be available on demand of the customer.

A customer that owns his device is now being held hostage by the carrier, and this practice must cease.
They either unlock the device, or they need to be sued to force them to do so, there is no other way around this.

Amagine

Reaction score
I used to be a motorola fan boy. Aside from the camera, their radios and other hardware has always been spot on. Save for reloading a new OS on my phone every so often, most of my Motos (OG Driod, Droid X, OG Razr MAXX) have lasted long after their 2 year life span. My Droid X still makes a decent back up phone. However, their move away from SD Cards has me looking elsewhere. I have an NAS at the house that I can get to remotely but I still require larger than 16 or 32 gigs onboard. My GF has an S4 and i really like it. The Note 2 is stellar as well.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used to be a motorola fan boy. Aside from the camera, their radios and other hardware has always been spot on. Save for reloading a new OS on my phone every so often, most of my Motos (OG Driod, Droid X, OG Razr MAXX) have lasted long after their 2 year life span. My Droid X still makes a decent back up phone. However, their move away from SD Cards has me looking elsewhere. I have an NAS at the house that I can get to remotely but I still require larger than 16 or 32 gigs onboard. My GF has an S4 and i really like it. The Note 2 is stellar as well.

Not sure what to make of this post other than an opportunity to come in and bash?

As far as the sdcard, had one in my Razr (phone I had before the X). Rarely if ever used it. Sure I set my camera to send pics and video to the the sdcard but I can do the same with Drive or Dropbox or Box. Don't see this as an issue at all anymore. Do I wish there was an sdcard slot? Of course, better to have and not need, but I've found it not to be a deal breaker at all.

Scott0719

Reaction score
I just got a brand spanking new 32 GB for Christmas and then I started researching phones and see most phones stopped using them. Kind of annoying. But I have my pictures auto upload to drop box and drive so it isn't a big deal.

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
I don't see the draw of SD cards. I learned early on with my GNex that SD cards made me into a digital file hoarder. When I used online storage, I learned SDs were a waste if $.

Just my opinion.

Sent by fish1552 from his MOTO X.

Caesars

Reaction score
I normally prefer phones with SD card slots, currently stuck with two phones that don't support them. O well I only have to make it until the s5.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Scott0719

Reaction score
I prefer it because then I can easily take the card out and put it in the computer. Just used to it I guess. Not a deal breaker though. I can just put it in the adapter and use it like a normal card in the camera I don't use lol.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
My 1st Android was the D1, it had an SD. Then the Gnex, which didn't have an SD. Through trial & error I learned to back up my data. Either with apps or with the USB. So I knew what I was up against with the Moto X. If I wanted to unlock & root it, the developer edition was the one for me. I learned with the Gnex that not having an SD wasn't a problem. Like the apps that LoneWolfArcher suggested, there are apps that will help fill the void of not having an SD. As for rooting, the developer edition is the way to go with this phone. But honestly, I haven't found a need to use root access so far.

Tapped from a Moto X

Scott0719

Reaction score
What apps do you use to save app data like games?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I've moved away from playing games on phones. I've always played PC based games. But if I had to keep/transfer game data, I use Titanium Backup.

Tapped from a Moto X

Scott0719

Reaction score
Can you use that if your not rooted? I use that now and thought it needed root.

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
From my experience, if you wish to use Titanium Backup, your phone needs to be rooted.
TB would not even load on any device, until I had gained root.