I Appreciate Work Of Android Devs But Do Not USe Project Durden

Discussion in 'Droid Mod' started by WoZzY, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoZzY

WoZzY The GRD Dev Team
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    Do Not Flash project durden with Dm Updater it breaks recovery

This is not A FLAMING POST BUT A WARNING POST FOR ALL MEMBERS I DO APPRECIATE ALL THE ANDROID DEVS HARD WORK BUT THIS IS VERY SLOPPY WORK IN MY OPINION & SHOULD BE PULLED FROM THERE iRC

This breaks your recovery if you use there Dm Updater it breaks your recovery but also I am not impressed by this rom as it still cant use video camera & a few more bugs still to blah

The latest Snapshot of Project Durden Messes up my recovery I would have to say steer clear of this as I Could not use my nandroid backup through rom manger & I could not boot into a recovery menu @ All either clockwork or Sp recovery I also did further testing on this rom & No known kernel will work with this rom except the one that they have set for it witch is only 800mhz

2. jev

jev Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I checked it out and had no problem. I did not use DMUpdater. I just installed it through ROM Manager to see if it was any good. It ran ok but is a pretty plain ROM as of now.

3. WoZzY

WoZzY The GRD Dev Team
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    yeah I was supposed to correct that that it was Dm Updater that some how erases the recovery I am not impressed with the rom as it should have more of a WoW Factor since it has been in developement for so long as I understand they have lifes but some of the roms offered here are compiled from source & they still are able to put roms out & some of them are team based but some are just average joes so what are there excuse except that the droid mod team has died & they can not admit to it as I will always love the droid mod team for making the best & greatest developements early advancements in the android community in the early days of android we will always oh them for that

4. Droidfish

Droidfish Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No offense but seriously, who cares.

All of this work is done and posted for free, if you don't like it, move on.

No need to bash or call anyone out saying their work is sloppy or should be better. If you you're not satisfied why don't you try to make something better. We are consumers of a free product. This really doesn't give us a whole lot of room for criticism.

5. WoZzY

WoZzY The GRD Dev Team
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    I agree dude it is free but this messed my phone up so I call it sloppy yes I fixed it but just passing on a warning as a moderator told me to do last night so no one else screws up there phone I tried to make the product better by contacting some of the droid mod devs in there irc & no one responded so if no one is there then I am guessing they do not want to improve there product

6. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Thread closed WoZzy sorry to hear you had issues with it but to put a warning against it when nobody else has reported doesn't seem fair. And I don't want to see you get flamed, so let's just shut it down before it gets to that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.