I am tired of having to delete all my emails in the trash folder and sent folder

n813ca

Reaction score
I haven't found a quick way to empty these folders. Am I missing something?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

If you're talking about gmail, trash is (I believe) automatically deleted after 30 days or so. If it's not automatic, it can be set via an option in the online version of the application.

I don't know why you'd want to delete sent mail but on the online app you can select everything in the folder and delete them all.

JCo352

Reaction score

The thing that I do and that I found the easiest is leave them in there until the end of the day, log in my email on my pc and delete all from there.

OP
N

n813ca

Reaction score
I am talking about my Comcast email. Not Gmail. Thanks though :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can set up your comcast mail to be forwarded to gmail and not leave a copy in your comcast mail. You would work everything out of gmail. If you desire, you can send using your comcast email address from Gmail as well.

This is pretty well spelled out in your gmail settings however if you have any difficulty refer to this link:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...66-droid-hints-pop3-gmail-forwarding-you.html

andruid2

Reaction score
Select & delete all emails in android (at least 2.2)

I've looked at this most of the day today and find that -- at least with Android 2.2 -- there is no way to select all emails and delete them. If you select multiple emails, there is an option to unselect them all, but not to "select all". Being 2012, how crazy is that? And not only that, if I manually delete emails, it moves them to the trash, and there is no way to "empty the trash" without selecting the emails one at a time and deleting them again.

However, after looking at this for an extended period of time...I figured out that the default Email app on android 2.2 does not handle POP3 accounts like most email programs handle POP3 accounts. It downloads email from the server, but leaves a copy on the server. But if you delete the email from the server, it will delete them from your phone. Again, that's not typically the way POP3 email works.

I've looked for email apps all afternoon in an attempt to find one where the programmers were smart enough to put a delete all button on the phone, but since I figured out I can just delete them from the server and have it also delete them from my phone, I can live with that. I get a lot of email, though, and what I didn't want to do was have to individually select 500 emails to delete, and then have to go to the trash and do it again.

They could be a little more clear on this.

radowningii

Reaction score
Andruid, been driving a bunch of us crazy for a while, now. Hard to believe they still haven't implemented such a simple function, especially when it is NOT documented that your Trash folder will fill to the point of unusability if you don't clean it out. A typical day's (or week's) use will create a backlog of items that becomes almost unmanageable without a "Select All."

knightshade

Reaction score
Every now and then I get to a point that I reset my email client to resolve this.
LOL - almost the same way that one needs to reload Windows periodically to keep a MS machine running smoothly ;-)

donstim

Reaction score
Ahh, but there is a way to delete all mail in a folder. After selecting delete and the emails show with a checkbox for selecting them, select the menu key. You can then select "mark all. "

radowningii

Reaction score
Perhaps in your version...

Ahh, but there is a way to delete all mail in a folder. After selecting delete and the emails show with a checkbox for selecting them, select the menu key. You can then select "mark all. "

That may be true in your version of Android, but it IS NOT in the version I run.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
In addition to other suggestions, won't choosing to only sync a week or two automatically discard email older than that, regardless of which folder it's in?

radowningii

Reaction score
You are incorrect

You have been told before that this is not true for every release of Android. Repeating it without giving the requisite release information that you may have does not help any of us.