I am "that guy"

PrimoGen

Reaction score
Just got a Moto Droid...

I am the guy that says smart phones and all this connectivity is lame and people should talk to each other more.....I just spent a day loading apps and playing with crap...how lame and ironic is that???

37 going on 92 and I am constantly at least a year behind the curve on gizmos. I "get it" when it comes to new tech and sociological advancements but I fight it quite a bit.

Where do I start on this forum???? LOL dancedroid

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha, welcome to the club. You'll like it here.

Start by reading all the stickies....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just got a Moto Droid...

I am the guy that says smart phones and all this connectivity is lame and people should talk to each other more.....I just spent a day loading apps and playing with crap...how lame and ironic is that???

37 going on 92 and I am constantly at least a year behind the curve on gizmos. I "get it" when it comes to new tech and sociological advancements but I fight it quite a bit.

Where do I start on this forum???? LOL dancedroid

:welcome: to the Forum. I suggest you start with our frequently asked questions. Get yourself familiar with the basics. Glad to have you on board.

Teammudd

Reaction score
i'm right there with ya...... we are about the last ones out of our group of friends that bought smart phones. they have the blackberry, iphones ect.... and we had our old LG flip phones.

just so happened we were up for an "upgrade" and this time we were getting something that we wanted. turns out we ran into a buy one, get one free deal, and said to heck with it, we'll get the droids! at first i thought we'll never use any of this, and now i catch myself using more apps than i thought i would!

metalblood

Reaction score
It's all about moderation. Make technology your slave. Not the other way around

OP
PrimoGen

PrimoGen

Reaction score
LOL thanks all.... I will probably spend my first week just reading FAQ's

I am sure I will have questions for everyone too.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
You're "that guy". He's "that guy". She's "that gal".
You're just one of us here.

Enjoy the new techno gizmo and as someone above said, make it work for you. Enjoy you stay here.

coolkidd

Reaction score
Welcome.... "that guy".... Make sure you do "search" first before asking question(s). Enjoy your stay!

LassieGal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo

There were two more "lame and Ironic" people in our household until December. The funny thing was that husband was the one attracted by the phone. Now who has more apps? Me, of course! Yesterday I bought a car mount for the dang thing. I already purchased one app and one game and bought Documents to Go this weekend due to the great Cinco de Mayo sale.