1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

I am stuck with 2.1 OTA, no root

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by bwhite82, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bwhite82

bwhite82 New Member

Ok, I did the manual update to 2.1 as soon as it was released here on the forum. I need root temporarily to install some files. But in order for me to gain root, I need to downgrade to 2.01 (apparently).

However, the procedure to downgrade to 2.01 (sbf recovery) does not work with Linux due to the Windows tools! So I just needed some confirmation that there is INDEED nothing I can do until someone roots the stock 2.1.

Thanks,

Brandon
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Hey Brandon,

Yep, you're stuck until someone roots 2.1. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But 2.1 is pretty nice, maybe not as nice as rooted. Sooner or later someone will probably root it.

If you want to discuss further you may co so in this thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr.../34224-whats-2-1-findings-tips-tricks-12.html

This thread is :closed_2:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.