I am severely confused about how Droid X displays contacts.

Pseybert

Reaction score
Hi all, I just got my Droid X, switching from a non-smart-phone-Chocolate 3! I am so overwhelmed. I am choosing to transfer my contacts by hand, by first adding them into www.google.com/contacts. As I do this, I see the contacts appearing in my Droid X under contacts / Google filter. Is there anyway to link my Googly contacts to the phone contacts filter?

OP
P

Pseybert

Reaction score
Do most people just use the Google contacts filter and nothing out of the phone book?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do most people just use the Google contacts filter and nothing out of the phone book?

Hi Pseybert. I'm having a little difficulty understanding what your asking so let me see if this helps you out at all.

First if you're asking about transferring contacts from your old phone to your X you can do that with Verizons Contacts transfer

https://wbillpay.verizonwireless.com/vzw/nos/ba_nab/overview_def.jsp

So I am told. I have never done that because all my contacts have always been in Gmail.

You have the right idea. Put your contacts in gmail.com and it will transfer your contacts over to the X. It's a Google phone so everything is Google backed up, your apps, your calendar and your contacts. You want to sync all of those.

If the link I provided you doesn't work then use google and look up transfer Verizon Contacts and you will see where I got it from. Looks like a secure link so I'm not sure it will work for you like it does for me.

Either I've just helped you or confused you even more. If you do need assistance get back to the thread and let us know.

brochaos

Reaction score
i think because of the way blur handles contacts, there are 2 filters for contacts, phone/google, and he's not sure which way to go.

i don't know the answer either, i would just leave em in the google filter, at least thats how it would work if you were using a pure android experience phone.