I am in SERIOUS need of help. My Bionic is messed up

mrredpants

Reaction score
This is what happens when i try to use rsd lite;
It will not recognize my phone at all. If i boot into SBF mode it recognizes my phone, then when i click start it says failed to boot into fastboot. If i put my phone in fastboot mode, rsd lite doesnt even recognize that it exists

Well, unless your phone has a hardware issue or is somehow different than every other bionic, the faulty variables have to be:
1. The motorola drivers
2. The RSD lite version
3. Your USB cable
4. Your computer

I would troubleshoot in that order and grab new files from Obsidian's post

OP
jwilly216

jwilly216

Reaction score
thanks but my drivers are up to date, I have rsd lite 5.7, ive tried multiple computers, and I am using a stock moto usb cable lol.... The weird thing is that it immediately recognizes my phone when it is in SBF mode...

OP
jwilly216

jwilly216

Reaction score
I will do that just to give it a try.... but I believe the issue has to do with the communication between my bionic and my version of win7 or something. Idk.

mrredpants

Reaction score
I will do that just to give it a try.... but I believe the issue has to do with the communication between my bionic and my version of win7 or something. Idk.

But if you say you've tried other computers. I'm a serious computer geek but I always go back to basics.
Double check my drivers - 32 bit or 64 bit (check in device manager to make sure all is well)
RSD lite 5.7 is pretty straight forward.
When getting into fastboot. Powered off, volume down and power button

I guess there is this question, did you ever load an ICS ROM newer than 232? If so, can't FXZ back (which I'm sure you know). Hence Samuri's tool.

OP
jwilly216

jwilly216

Reaction score
But if you say you've tried other computers. I'm a serious computer geek but I always go back to basics.
Double check my drivers - 32 bit or 64 bit (check in device manager to make sure all is well)
RSD lite 5.7 is pretty straight forward.
When getting into fastboot. Powered off, volume down and power button

I guess there is this question, did you ever load an ICS ROM newer than 232? If so, can't FXZ back (which I'm sure you know). Hence Samuri's tool.

nope ive been on 2233 this whole time and ive begun to hate it. lags worse than my og b4 i rooted it

mrredpants

Reaction score
I never flashed a new leak over an old one, always went back to 905 (to pour salt in your wounds)

bhp117

Reaction score
Have you try to use Samuri new HoB 5.0 to fxz back to 905?

OP
jwilly216

jwilly216

Reaction score
Everything is fixed! Thanks to everyone for their suggestions, but special thanks to eye_dea for completely walking me through the entire situation including all of the downloads and command prompts! Very nice person to spend all of that time helping me.

coma73

Reaction score
hey guys i have a similar problem, i hope this is a place i can get some help. I would be very greatful. i had the droid running 4.04 ota. got root access and tried flashing a cm9 rom, and when i rebooted i got stuck at the cm9 screen. After attempting to reboot to recovery i eventually stopped getting to the cm9 screen and now im in a new situation,

when i plug into pc i get the white light of death.
when i plug into wall i get the motorola logo.
i can get into flashboot, bye holing buttons, then plugging into wall socket, i then can plug it into pc, and it says usb connected. but rsb doesnt recognize it.
also my battery will not charge while in the phone. i actually hand wired it in attempts to restore. which seems to work, getting a charge, but it will still not power on unless plugged into wall socket.

coma73

Reaction score
hey guys i have a similar problem, i hope this is a place i can get some help. I would be very greatful. i had the droid running 4.04 ota. got root access and tried flashing a cm9 rom, and when i rebooted i got stuck at the cm9 screen. After attempting to reboot to recovery i eventually stopped getting to the cm9 screen and now im in a new situation,

when i plug into pc i get the white light of death.
when i plug into wall i get the motorola logo.
i can get into flashboot, bye holing buttons, then plugging into wall socket, i then can plug it into pc, and it says usb connected. but rsb doesnt recognize it.
also my battery will not charge while in the phone. i actually hand wired it in attempts to restore. which seems to work, getting a charge, but it will still not power on unless plugged into wall socket.

Last edited:

ldubs

Reaction score
You need to charge the battery, it won't flash anything without a charge

sent from my icy bionic

Reaction score
Agreed, fully charge the battery and then try to flash. Also how in the world did you brick? I thought everyone was using safe strap these days.