I am hooked. I just love this phone. Anyone just hating things?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by mjs31, Nov 8, 2009.

1. mjs31

mjs31 New Member

I really am loving this phone. I have been through the top Blackberries, the Iphone, but this just has me at hello LOL. I find typing on the virtual board to be amazingly fast and accurate (I had feedback turned on, but it slowed things up so I now have it off). I am not customizing things and of course, getting new apps to try out.

Yes...it has some issues, but most of my problems are software/OS related so nothing an app or update cant fix.

Is anyone that was extremely pumped about this phone not liking it? If so, why?
  2. SEGA

SEGA New Member

[​IMG]

lol now that's funny..

From reading about it, and playing with it at the Verizon Store, I can not wait to get one.

OS problems come with everything, that's why updates were invented... lol
  3. mjs31

mjs31 New Member

Dang...I should have done the pict...nice. Yeah..you will love it. Just make sure you take the time to learn things and visit the market. There are soooo many apps out there. Yeah...OS issues is nothing compared to where I came from. I would like more control of my leds and screen brightness while docked, but it is just little things like that.
  4. flako3

flako3 New Member

We all love it :) its soooo addicting :)
  5. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

phone exceeded my expectations actually. My device runs flawless. I don't have any issues at all.

It's actually pretty weird to have a device work perfectly right out of the box. BB's were rushed out then patched as we went along.

I come to a site like this one not to specifically look for leaks or OS updates but to check out everything and anything Droid. What a huge difference : )
  6. RinTinTigger

RinTinTigger Premium Member Premium Member

Ur lucky guys....germany still has to wait :/
  7. mitchell

mitchell New Member

I am much more enthralled by the Droid than I initially thought I would be. One of my favorite features on the device itself is the slide out keyboard. I know a lot of people say the keyboard could be better, and it probably could, but coming from an Envy 1, this keyboard is amazing. The more you use it the faster and more accurate it is to operate.
  8. rroof

rroof New Member

Nope - hooked here as well. Hard to put the infernal thing down ;) I've had it with me now on a run and a couple of bikes rides (now over 100 miles) for Nav (just to see it in action). My wife said if she hears "DROID" at night in bedroom, she is going to flush it though ;)
  9. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

not even going to ask about this right here...............
  10. lowtech

lowtech New Member

:heart: I love my Droid... more and more! No issues, once I got my email accounts set up (thanks to folks on this forum). This is a wonderful phone - really a tiny compter. I usually wait and watch new technology for a while... but I went at 8AM on Nov. 6th to the sleepy little Verizon store near me, picked up a Droid, played for a few minutes and said, I'll take it. They were thrilled to have a customer - I am delgihted to have the Droid... win/win! :)
  11. NvrEnough

NvrEnough New Member

Every day this phone gets better and better. Sold the Idont this morning. Im a happy Camper.
  12. rlb

rlb New Member

Bicycle or motorcycle?

I'm trying to figure out how to take this on road rides (bicycle) since none of my jerseys have rear zip pockets. Old phone was a dumbphone clamshell so it fit in the dingleberry pouch under the seat.

On the MTB its no problem, just toss is in the camelback.

As for the phone, I love it! Thankfully my fiancee and I got phones on the same day, so she's just as hooked :)
  13. mjs31

mjs31 New Member

Hey CK...how are you reacting to the BS on the Android forums at Crackberry? So many trolls.
  14. flako3

flako3 New Member

Hoooraay for droid :)
  15. kingsman

kingsman New Member

Not hating, just having probs with my big fingertips. Any suggestions? Anyone using a stylus on Droid?
  16. rroof

rroof New Member

Bicycle of course. All bike jerseys/jackets have rear pockets, so what are you wearing?

Anyway, I took the clip off the plastic holster, drill some holes in the holster - zipp tied (the removable kind) to the stem. Phone is secure in the holster with the spring loaded clip. Won't use it like this all the time, but for longer (100 miles or so) rides, nice to have a map. Otherwise, in the rear pockets with everything else.
  17. rlb

rlb New Member

I have jerseys with back pockets but they don't zip. I'm afraid it will work itself out, or fall out if I bend over to do something while stopped. Have you tried any gps
    track apps? I already have a bike GPS but I'm curious none the les.
  18. amsprich

amsprich New Member

I've had no real issue. Overall I've been a LOT more impressed than I thought I would be. I absolutely love this phone. The contact sync is amazing. When I got the lady at BestBuy said it'll take a few minutes cause she wanted to move my numbers over from my old LG voyager. I told her not to worry about it and before I even had it paid for I had all my contacts from google linked with facebook accounts. haha very pain free! The keyboard is a lot better than I expected based on the reviews. The camera isn't great, but it's not bad... now video on the hand.. WOW.. when I pulled them up on my pc.. I couldn't believe they were from my phone. They looked and sounded great! The navigation is also super cool! It's still lacking a few features that most GPS have, but on the flip side it does more than most ... ie Satellite and Streetview. Those are fantastic! I highly recommend it.

(and my friends are also yelling at me for talking about it and not putting it down. haha)
  19. Droidette

Droidette New Member

Check out the free Cardio Workout app - it will track your route via GPS and map it on Google maps for your records. It is so cool! I use it on my walks and it will announce your pace, and time elapsed if you want, on your rides.