I am gonna dump my Droid tomorrow.

indacup

Reaction score
I bought my FIRST one on Nov 13th.....from the very beginning the earphone jack did not work....I bought it at best Buy and they said to fix it would mean sending it out and wait a month to get it returned from repair.

I decided to live without it.

Then in May, the phone simply blew up...everything quit and it would not take a charge...sent it to repair...waited a month and it came back and now no one could hear me when I spoke into it...all they could hear was muffled sounds.

Took it back and the swapped me out for a new one two weeks ago.....and the NEW one had the same problem...my voice was muffled and static.

Took it back yesterday and they gave me a new one again......same problem.

This is absurd....I should NEVER have left the safe confines of HTC....

MonochromeDisco

Reaction score
LMFAO @ HTC but hey, if you feel safer with it, go ahead. HTC feels like a childproof carrier to me for some odd reason. But yeah, my Droid's been fine and dandy since day one. Hell, I'm considering rooting it today. So yeah...

benner

Reaction score
You realize you never had to send it in? Should have just called verizon like I've done, tell them the phones messed up and they'll rush deliver you a new phone then you send your old phone back. I've done it 2 times with previous smart and non-smart phones. As long as it's not something that "you" broke it's covered under a 1 year manufacture/verizon warranty and they'll just send you a new phone for no charge.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've had mine since day one - It's great.

My wife no problems.

No one I know has issues.

Go ahead back to HTC they make the cheap stuff.

OP
I

indacup

Reaction score
You realize you never had to send it in? Should have just called verizon like I've done, tell them the phones messed up and they'll rush deliver you a new phone then you send your old phone back. I've done it 2 times with previous smart and non-smart phones. As long as it's not something that "you" broke it's covered under a 1 year manufacture/verizon warranty and they'll just send you a new phone for no charge.

Unfortunately, the phone was purchased thru Best Buy.

OP
I

indacup

Reaction score
I've had mine since day one - It's great.

My wife no problems.

No one I know has issues.

Go ahead back to HTC they make the cheap stuff.

Thanks, their "Cheap stuff" have never failed me...Motorolas have failed me from day one...when it came time to get our new phones, I went with the Droid (took a chance) and my wife stayed with HTC and got a Touch Pro 2...hers has been flawless...mine has not worked right since the day I got it...none of them.

OP
I

indacup

Reaction score
Doesn't matter where you bought it.

We shall see....when the first one broke, I called Verizon and they told me to take it back to Best Buy...but tomorrow, I am going to the Verizon office and see what will happen.

Thanks!

RemyL75

Reaction score
I came over to the Promised Land of Moto Droid and Android almost 6 months ago. Haven't had any problems with my Droid at all. Thought I bricked it once, but a battery pull stopped me from crying lol.

J

Johnly

I bought my FIRST one on Nov 13th.....from the very beginning the earphone jack did not work....I bought it at best Buy and they said to fix it would mean sending it out and wait a month to get it returned from repair.

I decided to live without it.

Then in May, the phone simply blew up...everything quit and it would not take a charge...sent it to repair...waited a month and it came back and now no one could hear me when I spoke into it...all they could hear was muffled sounds.

Took it back and the swapped me out for a new one two weeks ago.....and the NEW one had the same problem...my voice was muffled and static.

Took it back yesterday and they gave me a new one again......same problem.

This is absurd....I should NEVER have left the safe confines of HTC....
Hope you feel better....have a summah!

Reaction score
Sounds more like user error and someone whos never had a real smartphone before to me :\, had my droid since launch never had a single issue.

Googleaddict

Reaction score
I had my droid since last December, it was working until a week ago. It was randomly rebooting and overheating to over 110 degrees with minimal use (not rooted) I just got my replacement yesterday. Hope this one lasts till December...

Last edited: