Not open for further replies.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good to see you on the forums again Chris. Haha

Droid 2 liberated gingerbread v0.5

rusty815

Reaction score
1. really, who cares about whether you switched phones, i guarantee you no one cares
2. why post this on the DROID forums, youre only going to be inciting some sort of flame war
3. some people dont like tweaking, i get that, but how else are you going to get what you want out of a phone? whether its an iphone or a droid, i have to tweak it to get it to how i like it, maybe i want more out of phones than most people, but i get exactly what i want out of phones, i never regret getting one, even the d2g, which i love more than any of my other phones (samsung captivate, iphone 3gs and 4).

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueSami

Reaction score
1. really, who cares about whether you switched phones, i guarantee you no one cares
2. why post this on the DROID forums, youre only going to be inciting some sort of flame war
3. some people dont like tweaking, i get that, but how else are you going to get what you want out of a phone? whether its an iphone or a droid, i have to tweak it to get it to how i like it, maybe i want more out of phones than most people, but im get exactly what i want out of phones, i never regret getting one, even the d2g, which i love more than any of my other phones (samsung captivate, iphone 3gs and 4).

[/Thread]...

Last edited by a moderator:

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Infractions are starting and no vacations are about to start. Grow up. I'm tired of the petty bickering about Apple on here. He stated his reasons for leaving but also stated his reasons for liking Android and that he very well may be back.

Stop the asinine posts immediately. I warned once about the bashing and immaturity. That was the only warning.

jack902902

Reaction score
If my girlfriend could fit the DX in her hand I would sell her D2G and buy the DX.
I am even comtemplating buying the iPhone for her.

(3) Droid 2 phones were exchanged because of faulty camera.

Finally they tried switching us with the Droid 2 Global.

Still buggy, with battery drain issues like the D2.

Camera works now that we have the D2G, but, many new bugs joined the equation.

One of those includes the screen shuting off while in use!
Camera, Texting, etc...
And yes, we did change the display timeout to different settings.

My DroidX is amazing! And I feel bad for selling her on a D2 because of my sucess with the X.

With the continued sales of the D2, and the time it is taking for fixes to be relesed, I feel like the D2 has been downgraded to a BB Storm.

ALSO, forgot to mention...
The Droid2 Global doesn't have the "Droid" notification ringtone!

Last edited:

rusty815

Reaction score
you know, in xda this thread would have been closed because it incites flame wars, my post was entirely relevant to the thread, this type of thing incites flame wars, i dont see why im being infracted for posting something relevant, and i gave my opinion on tweaking, which applies to what he previously stated about not wanting to tweak anything. my first post may have been harsh, but it doesnt make it any less true, i demand this thread get closed.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
you know, in xda this thread would have been closed because it incites flame wars, my post was entirely relevant to the thread, this type of thing incites flame wars, i dont see why im being infracted for posting something relevant, and i gave my opinion on tweaking, which applies to what he previously stated about not wanting to tweak anything. my first post may have been harsh, but it doesnt make it any less true, i demand this thread get closed.

Your infraction was due to language. I explained that quite clearly. And your post being harsh is EXACTLY why the infraction was issued. Curiously enough, most others in here are carrying on a mature conversation on this matter, so I know for a fact that it is possible.

Further, I couldn't care less about what would happen to a thread like this on XDA. This isn't XDA. As far as DEMANDING it be closed? You've GOT to be kidding me.

rusty815

Reaction score

Your infraction was due to language. I explained that quite clearly. And your post being harsh is EXACTLY why the infraction was issued. Curiously enough, most others in here are carrying on a mature conversation on this matter, so I know for a fact that it is possible.

Further, I couldn't care less about what would happen to a thread like this on XDA. This isn't XDA. As far as DEMANDING it be closed? You've GOT to be kidding me.

fine then, dont close the thread, thats fine, but dont tell me that most others were carrying out a mature conversation when half of the posts in this thread have been as critical or more critical than mine, i didnt curse, didnt defame someones name, yet im getting an infraction for language, and trust me, im not the only one who thinks you took my post a little too seriously.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Some advice, if you don't like the thread, don't read it. That's a rather easy solution to the problem. And I will be more than happy to go back and look up your exact language, although I am rather sure I remember exactly what it was.

And actually, flame wars are incited by posts just such as the way yours was done.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Actually rusty, I went back and looked and see I edited out the inappropriate work on your thread. That's all that was done. And yes, by the forum standards, it was inappropriate.

My other point stands, if you don't like the thread, don't post in it and don't read it.

rusty815

Reaction score
i read posts that interest me, such as this one, my language is unchanged, just read my post, i didnt curse or insult anyone, so that infraction was completely unnecessary, and i didnt incite a flame war, i didnt insult a brand or type of phone, i was critical over one of his reasons for switching and gave my personal experience, i even said that i have two iphones and a captivate.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
i read posts that interest me, such as this one, my language is unchanged, just read my post, i didnt curse or insult anyone, so that infraction was completely unnecessary, and i didnt incite a flame war, i didnt insult a brand or type of phone, i was critical over one of his reasons for switching and gave my personal experience, i even said that i have two iphones and a captivate.

Again, I edited out the word that was offensive. Your post IS changed because I removed the word. That would be why you don't read it there.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

Lol @demand

BlueSami

Reaction score

Lol @demand

Welcome to the party. Lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Status
Not open for further replies.