I am baffled about new phone release times f or nexus and razor vs iPhone

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by fantom557, Oct 19, 2011.

1. fantom557

fantom557 New Member

i dont understand phone release time apple makes iPhone announcement and 1 week later you can have the phone.

nexus makes announcement on 10/18 yet we still have to be determine the carrier and release date no carrier has confirmed it. Even though there are some very strong reports Verizon on 11/10

Moto Razor announcement on 10/18 and you can preorder on 10/27 for 11/10 release date. almost 3 weeks

my point is when a company makes an announcement why do we have to wait so long or even still have to guess who is going to get it. i love the droids just sold iPhone4, the 4s didn't do it for me. but apple kills in marketing and scheduling. i may be crazy but if the razor and nexus where announced on 10/18 we should be able to order the phone a week later.
  2. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

Yeah it is a bit annoying...

Finding all this information and then being left with the big question: When's it coming out?
  3. jcardona1

jcardona1 New Member

Ditto. It's very frustrating. Hoping we get official word soon. Verizon is probably figuring out ways to charge ridiculous amounts for the phone.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk
  4. MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable Well-Known Member

Yeah, it seems like even with the iPhone on Verizon they didn't give a very good lead time on when it was going to be available. Something is rotten in the state of Den... wherever VZ headquarters is.
  5. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Depends on the company. They may be trying to generate hype. They may be trying to squash some of the excitement over the iPhone 4S. They may have yet other reasons.

If you don't want to be disappointed then wait for your carrier to announce the release date of the phone, not the manufacturer. The carriers are the gatekeepers with the way things currently stand.

Apple's not your typical phone manufacturer so they're really not relevant.

Anyway, this is why I don't count on anything other than carrier release dates. If you count on rumors then expect to be disappointed.
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2011