I am baffled about new phone release times f or nexus and razor vs iPhone

fantom557

Reaction score
i dont understand phone release time apple makes iPhone announcement and 1 week later you can have the phone.

nexus makes announcement on 10/18 yet we still have to be determine the carrier and release date no carrier has confirmed it. Even though there are some very strong reports Verizon on 11/10

Moto Razor announcement on 10/18 and you can preorder on 10/27 for 11/10 release date. almost 3 weeks

my point is when a company makes an announcement why do we have to wait so long or even still have to guess who is going to get it. i love the droids just sold iPhone4, the 4s didn't do it for me. but apple kills in marketing and scheduling. i may be crazy but if the razor and nexus where announced on 10/18 we should be able to order the phone a week later.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yeah it is a bit annoying...

Finding all this information and then being left with the big question: When's it coming out?

jcardona1

Reaction score
Ditto. It's very frustrating. Hoping we get official word soon. Verizon is probably figuring out ways to charge ridiculous amounts for the phone.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it seems like even with the iPhone on Verizon they didn't give a very good lead time on when it was going to be available. Something is rotten in the state of Den... wherever VZ headquarters is.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
my point is when a company makes an announcement why do we have to wait so long or even still have to guess who is going to get it.
Depends on the company. They may be trying to generate hype. They may be trying to squash some of the excitement over the iPhone 4S. They may have yet other reasons.

If you don't want to be disappointed then wait for your carrier to announce the release date of the phone, not the manufacturer. The carriers are the gatekeepers with the way things currently stand.

i dont understand phone release time apple makes iPhone announcement and 1 week later you can have the phone.
Apple's not your typical phone manufacturer so they're really not relevant.

Anyway, this is why I don't count on anything other than carrier release dates. If you count on rumors then expect to be disappointed.

Last edited: