I am at my wits end!!! Please help with OTA update!

busab

Reaction score
I used to be rooted and I had some apps that I had froze but nothing more. Since then I have unfroze all my apps, UNrooted and even did a factory restore afterwards. Yet I still cannot get the OTA update to install! The phone is completely 100% stock as far as I know.

It doesn't give me any error codes or anything all it does is say "update failed" after the phone reboots.

Any ideas?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I used to be rooted and I had some apps that I had froze but nothing more. Since then I have unfroze all my apps, UNrooted and even did a factory restore afterwards. Yet I still cannot get the OTA update to install! The phone is completely 100% stock as far as I know.

It doesn't give me any error codes or anything all it does is say "update failed" after the phone reboots.

Any ideas?

Unfortunately I can't help you, but I can tell you that mine updated and I WAS rooted when I ran the update. After the update I still had root.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jerkwad

Reaction score

Any ideas?

Take a look at this: Solution for Failed OTA Update (due to removed apps) - xda-developers