I am about to break this Droid!! New User - Long Post Sorry

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
I don't have a link if anyone does maybe you can post it I'm at work so no time to bring it up but you can also google RSDlite I don't know if it will fix it but basically it will put your phone back to how it was out of the box. A little bit complicated for people who aren't tech savy.

*Droid Life*

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thank you GSX.

It will probably, if you saw my 1st post you will see what my problem is with this phone. Sucks, I haven't had this phone that long and it already broke down. Everything else works great except those issues I mention.

I have a custom phone apk that is setup in an update.zip format and can be installed, just like a rom, with SPR, Clockwork or RZR. It is a black themed phone that I particularly liked and used it on several different roms. You can try it. Just be sure to make a backup in Clockwork before you install this phone.

It may help with your issue? Worth a try.

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
Well I might be slow and might ask alot of questions, but I am willing to learn!

Might try the zip provided above download it go into rom manager then to install rom from sd and to download choose the phone zip oh and make a back up but don't wipe data

*Droid Life*

OP
Sithlrdvad

Sithlrdvad

Reaction score
Thank you GS I will Google it when I get home, i am at work now.

@Fisher, I will also try this as well once I get home.

Thanks guys!!

BTW, this forum, wayyyyyyy more helpful and patience than the Berry forums i used to use.

Be back with the results!!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
BTW DF users are the best on the internetz.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

Zecpull

Reaction score
Sithlrdvad...
you dont say where you are Located. Maybe there is a member close by that can help You walk through it ... I loved my Droid 1 Running SS 4.7.. my wife has it now.. if your in Ohio . I would be happy to help.

OP
Sithlrdvad

Sithlrdvad

Reaction score
Southern California. Thanks for the offer. I should be messing this phone using the latest suggestions in about 3 hours once I get home

Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
Sithlrdvad

Sithlrdvad

Reaction score
Sorry it took me so long to respond.

Well I tried the above methods and sadly it did not work, and now I have a new problem:

When I get a call, the phone restarts after 3 to 4 minutes while on the call, but before it shuts down it makes a noise, it sounds like when you are changing frequencies on an old time radio.

Anyhow, I gave up, I asked my boss to advance me the money for the Droid X (which is being overnight to arrive tomorrow Friday) and since my job has to do with sales I can't afford having a phone that keeps shutting off and not working.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELP PEOPLE!!! and patience!!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like some kind of hardware issue.

Sorry we couldn't get it working for you!

The X is a nice piece of machinery too!

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
Sorry it took me so long to respond.

Well I tried the above methods and sadly it did not work, and now I have a new problem:

When I get a call, the phone restarts after 3 to 4 minutes while on the call, but before it shuts down it makes a noise, it sounds like when you are changing frequencies on an old time radio.

Anyhow, I gave up, I asked my boss to advance me the money for the Droid X (which is being overnight to arrive tomorrow Friday) and since my job has to do with sales I can't afford having a phone that keeps shutting off and not working.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELP PEOPLE!!! and patience!!

Yeah sounds like you got a dud hope you don't have to renew your contract for the droid x if I ever have a problem I always take it to a store yeah they are refurbished but I would rather have a refurbished d1 then possibly having to renew my contract for a droid x holding out for the bionic.

*Droid Life*