I am about to break this Droid!! New User - Long Post Sorry

OP
Sithlrdvad

Sithlrdvad

Reaction score
I actually tried to use and read your 1st link, it got kind of confusing (yeah i am that dumb man, sorry) but i search and found something called SuperOneClick that on other forums when I searched on google show this to work with the 2.2, I don't know if you are familiar with this?
Well like I mention i think i have my Droid rooted, do i need to install sprecovery before i mess with your second link?

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
I actually tried to use and read your 1st link, it got kind of confusing (yeah i am that dumb man, sorry) but i search and found something called SuperOneClick that on other forums when I searched on google show this to work with the 2.2, I don't know if you are familiar with this?
Well like I mention i think i have my Droid rooted, do i need to install sprecovery before i mess with your second link?

Not a fan of sprecovery if you are having issues with things getting confusing I would go with ROM manager once you open it at the top it will have the option to flash clockwork recovery then go into download rom I'm partial to cyanogenmod but they are all pretty amazing pick one once the download is finished it will ask to wipe data and backup current rom ALWAYS ALWAYS make a backup.

*Droid Life*

OP
Sithlrdvad

Sithlrdvad

Reaction score
Ok now new problem:

I was thinking on going ahead and using the links that guidot showed, so I erased ROM.

Now I am trying to re install and it won't let me anymore.

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
Ok now new problem:

I was thinking on going ahead and using the links that guidot showed, so I erased ROM.

Now I am trying to re install and it won't let me anymore.

What do you mean you erased ROM? You downloaded one and then erased it?

*Droid Life*

floyd

Reaction score
Sounds like a candidate for the dreaded iPhone.

OP
Sithlrdvad

Sithlrdvad

Reaction score
Ok I got the ROM Manager back.

I dowloaded the "mirror" link for Bugless Beast onto my phone.

I opended ROM and found BB when I try to installed it after I check back up and wipe it restarts and shows me the M log then a picture of a Droid phone with a triangular sign with a yellow "!"

When i pull the battery and it restarts it goes back to normal.

Pointers?

BTW, heck no to the iPhone...!!

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score

I opended ROM and found BB when I try to installed it after I check back up and wipe it restarts and shows me the M log then a picture of a Droid phone with a triangular sign with a yellow "!"

Pointers?

Go into rom manager at the very top click to flash clockwork recovery and try again

*Droid Life*

kpj313

Reaction score

Pointers?

Try flashing clockworkmod recovery in rom manager first, and then install a ROM.
I had the same problem recently and that did the trick...

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow. This why I said to use the first method I linked you to.

Only some listen.

Good luck.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

OP
Sithlrdvad

Sithlrdvad

Reaction score
Sorry Guidot.

I didn't meant any disrespect to your help link, I tried it, I swear I did.

But for the love of me it was to complicated (to me at least, not that good with technology, besides this is mainly to see if if fixes my Dialpad problem, I would like to save $200 dollars instead of buying the Droid X)

I am trying again will let you guys know.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Pointers?

Clockwork Notes:

The first thing about Clockwork is trying to get Rom Manager to flash a good copy onto your phone. Here is a fool proof method to determine whether you have a good copy before trying to reboot into it. Begin by scrolling down and flashing the alternative recovery – SpRecovery. After it successfully loads, scroll up and flash Clockwork. If it takes longer than 3-5 seconds to get the popup telling you the install was successful, reflash it over and over until you do get that popup in 3-5 seconds. Once that happens, you have a good install.

Once you have rebooted into Clockwork and are navigating through its menu, if at any time it hesitates that means it is about to reboot automatically. When Clockwork does reboot and the screen goes dark, immediately press and hold the X key until the phone reboots back into Clockwork. Clockwork will now be totally stable until you finish.

If the first thing you do with Clockwork, during any particular session, is to try and make a Nandroid backup and you get an error message (without regard to what it says), you should just wait a few seconds and not do anything. That is because Clockwork is about to reboot the phone. As stated above, as soon as the screen goes dark, press and hold the X key until the phone reboots back into Clockwork. Then start over and Clockwork will work as it was intended for the rest of the session.

OP
Sithlrdvad

Sithlrdvad

Reaction score
Good news and bad news:

BB is up and running!!!

BUT...my Dial pad problem is still there...ahhh.

Well it was worth a shot...now when I get my commission money I know how to do this on the X.

Thank you very much for your support and help and patience!!

Quick question: Does anybody have any idea on what the hell happen to my phone? I mean I installed a different OS correct? or wrong? Just wondering.

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
No you didn't install a new os just a custom version of android..I'm at a loss figured fresh software let alone software developed by the best and the brightest would solve the problem. I would suggest RSD but I think it will confuse you.

*Droid Life*

OP
Sithlrdvad

Sithlrdvad

Reaction score
Thank you GSX.

It will probably, if you saw my 1st post you will see what my problem is with this phone. Sucks, I haven't had this phone that long and it already broke down. Everything else works great except those issues I mention.

Well on the bright side now I know how to install ROMs!! and BB looks awesome!!.

But just for fun, that way I can learn, what do you mean by RSD? and do you think it will solve my problem? if not worth a shot I guess, i got nothing to lose here anyways, phone is broken due to this issues (other than I might be annoying the heck out of you guys)

bassmankc

Reaction score
If you do end up with a DX its a whole nother beast when it comes to rooting and ROMming, just so you know