I always end up going back to Bugless Beast.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jrl9851, Apr 1, 2010.

1. jrl9851

jrl9851 New Member

IMO, no other rom can match BB. I've tried almost all of them: SS, smoked glass, ultimate droid, etc. I've even tried the latest ultimate droid (ese27) which is supposed to be the smoothest rom out there, but bugless beast still smokes it. There is just something about BB that keeps it above the rest. I haven't found a rom as smooth/fast as BB.

Plus BB has OTA updates now. :icon_ banana:
  2. crspang

crspang New Member

I agree. Bb works great for me! I may try the official update when its rooted. It may already be but I haven't been able to pay much attention lately.
  3. ilikefishes

ilikefishes New Member

I think that the Droid behaves all on its own. There are phones out there that love BB on a Chevy kernal and then others can only run BB on an Adamz kernal. Then there are others that can't even run BB without the FC's. So IMO it is the individuality of the phone you are carrying more so than another's dislike for a developers ROM. I think they are all doing tremendous work and I dry and "DONATE" any time I can. Keep up the good work!
  4. bomber889

bomber889 New Member

I used to use BB until I switched to UD and I have not regretted it. I guess it all depends on user preference.
  5. baniels

baniels New Member

I don't see how one Droid is going to inherently behave differently from another running the same kernel/Rom combo.

User error, failure to follow instructions, an errant app, not wiping, 2.1 launcher, task managers, whatever... I think those are the problems people have.

To the OP. Totally with you. BB always feels better.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  6. Jer

Jer New Member

Question: Does BB have an official v2.1 ROM yet? I have the older SholesMod ROM that has most of the v2.1 apps but I'm not going to bother changing my ROM until I have the newest version so I don't have to do it again for a while.

Also, when you say BB is now OTA does that mean if I change my ROM to BB I will get notification that I need to update? Does it does this via the Market or it's own notification system?

I've been wanting to try out a new ROM since the SholesMod thing seemed to go south but at least I'm rooted now so it's just a case of applying a new mod if I want to try something else.
  7. Yodes

Yodes New Member

Me too, I always would go back to BB, until I found Cyanogen for the Droid. CM on the Droid is the best ROM out there. Period.:icon_ banana:
  8. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

keep your threads i nthe right area please
  9. Guchi

Guchi New Member

i have been sticking it out with pete since day 1 also
  10. DroidxRage

DroidxRage New Member

Hardware plays a major role... hence why some people can run up to 1.5GHz, while others can't pull 1GHz on a high voltage kernel.

Simple things like the amount of silicon on the die of your particular device's wafer can impact a device, and make the difference between running good, and severely instability.

I do agree though, Pete does great work... I find that I come back to his work as well, but not to take anything away from the other devs... :)
  11. baniels

baniels New Member

You make a good point. I didn't consider that. But I still hold that user error accounts for a lot of the problems people have.

12. hlt123

hlt123 New Member

+1

I don't see how each Droid can conceivably have its own "personality" out of the box.
  13. ilikefishes

ilikefishes New Member

Well, we are entitled to our opinions. That is why we live here, but I do think that they are each different. Why did I have to try 4-6 different ROM's and 6-10 kernals once I was rooted before I found a stable operating system on my phone. I did nothing different to get BB .9 working with the 10 slot chevy kernal. But it would not work with SS or another ROM and the other kernals that Pete gave to try were causing me multiple FC's.
  14. grinchy

grinchy New Member

Droid phones and computer processors are similar in the fact that some batches run faster than others/cooler....etc...

I overclock my computer at home from 2.6ghz to 4gh....however it took me buying 4 different batches of cpu's to find one that would go that high w/minimal voltage :)
  15. DroidxRage

DroidxRage New Member

About differences in hardware... see this article regarding overclocking:
    Overclocking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Excerpts:
    "While the idea is simple, variation in the electrical and physical characteristics of computing systems complicates the process."

"Every component has its unique limits with higher clocks and voltage. Two different CPUs may clock completely differently, one being stable with higher clocks at a similar temperature as the other."

"The extent to which a particular part will overclock is highly variable. Processors from different vendors, production batches, steppings, and individual units will all overclock with varying degrees of success."

Read this article about wafers for even more information:
    Fun Facts: Silicon and Intel Fabs

But yes, some degree of problems can certainly be a result of user error. But hardware certainly comes into play. :)
  16. Mercutio

Mercutio New Member

I constantly switch ROMs. IMHO, nothing is as smooth as fast as BB - and it's rock solid stable to boot.