I allways wanted to be able to make my x into a fm transmitter ....

chefb

Reaction score
I heard that it was possible to play music on you phone, On the radio ...I never seen anyone talking about it in the forums. Just wondering? If there is hack for it. Can you make the x into a fm transmitter ?

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
Not sure bout that but I kno there is apps in the market to play all local chanels from anywhere... they r free n use ur service

lg ally <rooted velocity 0.4>
samsung fascinate <rooted>

Droid_Junky

Reaction score
Aren't you talking about the FM Radio app that comes pre-installed? If so...you have to plug in headphones for it to work. I have listened to FM radio on my X.

Hope that is what you meant.

rollingrock

Reaction score
I heard that it was possible to play music on you phone, On the radio ...I never seen anyone talking about it in the forums. Just wondering? If there is hack for it. Can you make the x into a fm transmitter ?

Do you have a license to transmit?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

The X cannot transmit on FM.

It has a built in Receiver...Not a Transmitter.

Harb

Reaction score

You wouldn't need a license for such a tiny transmitter.

If you want your X to transmit on FM, you can always buy something like a Griffin iTrip. Be warned though, these things almost always dissapoint. I have had two such devices (the one I linked and a different type that used batteries) and while they technically do work, they don't work particularly well unless you're in a rural area with little FM interference. I live near the heart of Columbus, Ohio and even in this not-so-huge-city all you get is static and earrape as you drive around.

greggd09

Reaction score
i had the itrip..hate it. i bought a transmitter though for 12 dollars at wal mart supercenter this pasy week. works amazing has 20 stations you can program to and plugs right into droid x not sure of name but its 12 dollars

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
I asked because there is a app on the market that is a vacant fm locater so ....the next question is how can I transmit. One of my friends at my job had a d1. And he played songs from his phone on a vacent station on the radio. So .....anyone?...how do I enable my device to use the app?

benner

Reaction score
I asked because there is a app on the market that is a vacant fm locater so ....the next question is how can I transmit. One of my friends at my job had a d1. And he played songs from his phone on a vacent station on the radio. So .....anyone?...how do I enable my device to use the app?

That app is so u can find a radio station to use with an FM transmitter. The phones cant transmit. u can however buy an fm transmitter from most stores that u plug into ur headphone jack and it'll play through ur radio that way

NurseER

Reaction score
Music from Droid to radio

I have a Droid X, and my daughter has the Droid Eris. I bought the motorola T505 fm transmitter/bluetooth. I use it in the car and in my house to broadcast Pandora music from my phone to my stereo system in the house and though the car. It's very easy to set up. You "pair" it up, and it automatically finds the best FM station to use. I've been doing this for 7 months and the reception is very clear. I did a lot of research on what the best transmitter was, and the T505 got 5 stars from Amazon. Verizon cells them too, but Amazon is much cheaper. It's also wireless, and runs for several hours! Comes with a usb charger. I highly recommend it. BTW...you can answer incoming ph calls through it too, and the music automatically stops and starts up again when the call is complete.

Elizabeth

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
Yeah I seen one of those.....but I've seen my co-worker play the music, downloaded music on his phone ...to a vacant Radio station he had a d1? He said it was a hack. There was no physical transmitter just the phone and I guess The app, and radio.

Nasa

Reaction score
I bought a Bluetooth hands free transmitter for $29, a Plantronics and it works well transmitting to the FM radio in my truck but doesn't handle the calls from my D2G. It did in the beginning go figure. Play my music fine. Most of my music I prepare on my Ubuntu PC then transfer via USB. Would be nice if I could get my D2G to receive FM and even nicer it it could transmit as was what I was lead to believe when I bought it.

Maybe if I get the Motorola hands free it would work better or do I have something configured wrong on the D2G?

dxgeek35

Reaction score
Wow after about 7 messages about separate transmitters he specificly says "an app or hack" so we understand there is a Bluetooth transmitter and no need to post it again. And I've been looking for a hack like this too for awhile and had no luck

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
Wow after about 7 messages about separate transmitters he specificly says "an app or hack" so we understand there is a Bluetooth transmitter and no need to post it again. And I've been looking for a hack like this too for awhile and had no luck

Wow i thought that this died.....but only the droid has that capability.....being that the x has a fm radio reciever it is unable to transmit. Thanks for the post.