I again request the help from the android gods.

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Not a smart man, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Not a smart man

Not a smart man New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am here again with a simple question in which i do not know the answer.. how do i go about making my phone save as much general info to my sd card and not my phone... my phone doesnt appear to be saving anything to the SD card, but instead all to the phone.. i keeps saying, incoming text message rejected because there is no memory space... help?

My phone is a moto droid..

2. maxnicks

maxnicks Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure how to help you with your issue.

Considering that you have a D 1, then I assume your running FROYO. If that's the case then maybe try APPS2SD. It's available free on the market.

3. Not a smart man

Not a smart man New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, i'll give it a try. I am mainly looking to see if there is somewhere (Which i haven't found) there is a box you can check that says default save to sd card...

4. fish1552

fish1552 Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +17
    No magic box to check, but the data from the apps themselves SHOULD be storing to the SD card. The app will move apps if the option is enabled by the author, but you could do the same thing using the SETTINGS > MANAGE APPS menu.

There are other options using commands to set the default install location to the SD card, but you need root to do that. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/50549-who-wants-apps-sd-froyo-way.html And if I remember correctly, it doesn't do anything for your currently installed apps.

Search tags for this page

how to see the text that was rejected on android

retrieve rejected text messages android