Husband-Wife Droid couples

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm intrigued by the number of couples where the guy owns a Motorola Droid and the girl owns an HTC Eris. Of course, there was a deal for quite a while where the Eris came free with the Motorola Droid. But I don't think that's the whole story. What are your theories? How many Droid+Eris couples are there?

Here are two of my ideas:
(1) The Motorola is a more "masculine" phone while the Eris is more "feminine."
(2) The Motorola is more for "guys who like gadgets" while the Eris is more for people who want a phone that "just works."

Yeah, yeah, I know these are gender/social stereotypes. I'm trying to tread lightly! :)

-Matt

PS Darn!!! Sorry I didn't add a "we both have the Motorola Droid" option!

Last edited:

davidsdroid

Reaction score
Husband-Moto Droid, Wife-Droidx, 2 sons-Moto Droids:icon_ banana:dancedroid

OP
gadgetrants

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Husband-Moto Droid, Wife-Droidx, 2 sons-Moto Droids:icon_ banana:dancedroid

Well that's a busy family. I bet VZW loves you!

You know, when I set up the poll and thought of option 4, I assumed no "non-Eris" owners would even show up!

-Matt

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I have the Moto Droid and my wife has the Eris. However, she is going to get the Droid Incredible, when they get some in stock or in November for her NE2 for a better discount.

OP
gadgetrants

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I have the Moto Droid and my wife has the Eris. However, she is going to get the Droid Incredible, when they get some in stock or in November for her NE2 for a better discount.
I should have added to the poll: my wife bitterly resents that I have (her words, not mine) the "better phone." (Of course she's right...but I try not to rub it in.) The fact that yours is upgrading soon (and you're sticking with the D1?) means you're a bigger man than me. :icon_eek:

-Matt

Anomander

Reaction score
Wife and I both have Moto Droid 1. I didn't want to seperate phones to have to figure out :D

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Smart phone for me, flip phone for her. She didn't see the point/sense of it. I think she's re-thunk that position now. My work also pays for the phone so the extra cost of the data plan came into play as well.

yahwarrior

Reaction score
My wife has a Eris(rooted running Froyo). She hated the Eris running stock but loves it now. I have a Droid 1 also rooted with Froyo.

floydp

Reaction score
Husband Droid and wife DI. Both happy with our choices.

denakisland

Reaction score
Pacific NW. Not so North and not so West.
I (wife) have the Eris but am waiting for the Incredible to come into stock. (I just love Sense) Husband was going to get my phone when I upgraded (he came from a BBStorm, so anything is better, right?) but he ended up with the Ally since we found it for $29.99 with his upgrade.
I'm still getting a new phone, but I'm fairly happy with my Eris, just wish it was a *tad* bit faster. I guess I could always root, right?

OP
gadgetrants

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Husband Droid and wife DI. Both happy with our choices.
Silly me, when I posted the poll, it didn't occur to me that it would show up on the front page of threads (for a bit, anyhow). I would have come up with better options if I'd known all you non-Eris people were coming. :blink: Now you're gonna skew the results!!!

-Matt

OP
gadgetrants

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
OH! I forgot to say WELCOME to all you young'uns with <10 posts. Yeah, coming from Big Me with 50. Oh, I'm such an experienced fellow. :rofl3:

-Matt

warrior21

Reaction score
Wife and I both have the motorola droid

Sent from my Droid