humidity problem with Droid Touch screen

mjf67

Reaction score
I was recently in Aruba, and every time I went from an air conditioned room to the outside, the touch screen either did not respond to touch or freaked out and randomly jumped around while I was not touching the screen. Interestingly, if I put the phone in the sun for 5-10 minutes I could get the screen to work. However, the problem returned as soon as I transitioned between inside and outside. I gave up trying to use the phone and figured the droid was dying or was dead. However, it is currently working with out incidence (for about a week). A similar phenomena happened in February when I was in a rain storm and the phone got a little damp. The phone worked fine the next day.

Has anyone else had a problem like this? My wife has the same model phone and hers was fine the entire time.

RichSmithSWM

Reaction score
I had a similar problem while using a screen protector. I took the protector off and things were much better. Not perfect, but better.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I had a similar problem while using a screen protector. I took the protector off and things were much better. Not perfect, but better.

When I first put on my screen protector that happened. I learned to power it down and then install it. I am on my second screen protector (third if you count the first one that I had to rip off when my screen went crazy). they work good but after 3 months it is time for a new one, depending on your working environment).

xfireguru

Reaction score
You might have that from time to time. It just has to do with the way the screen registers the touch from your finger. I got the droid after having the blackberry storm and storm2... both storms were horrible about moisture on the screen. The droid is infinitely better.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else had a problem like this?
It's just the way it is. Moisture will affect how well the capacitive screen works. You'll just have to let the condensation evaporate.

meiriko

Reaction score
Here is how to solve this

When this happens, make sure you touch (firmly) the metal frame or the metal dot at the back (milestone). If this doesn't help, open the back and touch the metal strip that holds the sim. This, for some strange reason removes capacitance noise. The bad news that you have to keep touching the metallic part.