1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Humble Wifi Update Request

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by sranger, Aug 27, 2010.

1. sranger

sranger New Member

I have have been unable to log on to my company Wifi since I put Froyo on the phone. It worked fine in 2.1 and I have been searching for a fix. I have tested several Froyo ROMs and none of them seem to work including S.S 4.7.2.

I found this patch searching through the Google site and I think this is my problems. ( I suspect it affects others as well... )

Issue 8804 - android - wpa_supplicant 0.6.10 (froyo) unable to auth in a wpa2/enterpise wifi - Project Hosting on Google Code

I was wondering if this patch could be put into any future update to S.S.

I completely understand if you don't have time to look into it...

These are the wifi setting that used to work on 2.1:

network = {
    ssid="__"
    scan_ssid=1
    key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
    eap=PEAP
    identity="___"
    password="___"
    phase2="AUTH=MSCHAPV2"
    }
  2. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

I have applied the patch - will have to wait for 4.8 (hopefully this weekend) and I request that you try it out and get back to me, so I know if it worked :)
  3. sranger

sranger New Member

Thanks......

I'll give it a shot when available and let you know.... I am not in a big hurry...
  4. sranger

sranger New Member

I though I would give you an update. Unfortunately, the patch in 4.8 does not seem to solve the issue. I tried all possible combinations today, and it just will not connect.

It looks like Google issued more info about this bug today, but I could not tell if this it a new patch or just re-stating the old one....

Here is the Google bug link... ( Lots of activity today.... )

Issue 8804 - android - wpa_supplicant 0.6.10 (froyo) unable to auth in a wpa2/enterpise wifi - Project Hosting on Google Code

P.S. Thanks for trying to fix it for us....
  5. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

pm sent! :)
Search tags for this page

android ms-chapv2 patch

www.androideap.net