Hulu

hjc

Reaction score
Has anyonme been able to get HULU to work on Skyfire ? I downloaded the flash player from HULU on skyfire and it still comes up saying to download. ANY HELP?
What about Dolphin?

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Hulu blocks access from skyfire according to skyfire. Not sure why but that seems to be the case.

No workaround I've heard of. Once we have flash, supposedly next month, it should work. I hope.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Some had Hulu working on skyfire from what I read. I don't use Skyfire because of their terms of service write-up, but a lot of sites work on it from some testing I did. Dolphin HD is my browser of choice because its so organized and full of features. As far as Hulu, I think we'll have to wait till Flash comes to Android or gets ported. Even then though it may not work because it might be more than just flash on their plate.

As far as the flash download you speak of, its for PC, not Android. When hulu works, you will hear all about it on this forum the second it happens...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought I had read that the update to skyfire had Hulu working "sort of" as I recall.

Darkseider

Reaction score
From what I have read from the folks at Adobe, Hulu still does not work with Android and Flash 10.1. It has to do with the agent string being passed to the site which is how they whack Skyfire users. The only thing that one can hope for is an user agent switcher that tells Hulu the Android browser is IE 8. Otherwise we are at Hulu's mercy.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
I'm sure Hulu has a good reason for blocking access but what is it?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Probably money... Maybe someday soon after flash support well see a Hulu app that costs us our own butts... Just a thought.

darreno1

Reaction score
I had it working for a while but now when I try, it's not. So they probably made a change recently. Bunch of SOBs. Hopefully the next Skyfire update will take care of it.

welldigger4u

Reaction score
I had it working also bur skyfire has too many bugs.
I will stick with dolphin hd and wait. NBC.com is free and also there is free tv.com app for CBS on the market.
Shows are limited but better than nothing.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score

Probably money... Maybe someday soon after flash support well see a Hulu app that costs us our own butts... Just a thought.

ive seen talk about hulu debating about charging a subscription fee a while back...

According to Wikipedia:

On May 24, 2010, Hulu plans to charge $9.95 for premium content identified as "Hulu Plus". For example, the five newest episodes of Glee, Lost and Saturday Night Live would be free, but older episodes would require payment.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hulu#cite_note-Chmielewski-20 The premium content would not include cable shows.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hulu#cite_note-Grotticelli-19

Strange. I would think the newer episodes would cost money. For those asking about why Skyfire was blocked there are at least 2 reasons: 1) there would be no way to stop users from watching content for free even after Hulu becomes a pay service and 2) there was no way to stop people from outside the US from watching the shows. Also from Wikipedia:

Currently, Hulu's content is only available in the United States with licensing reasons cited. In order to ensure that no international users outside the US have access to the videos, Hulu blocks many anonymous proxies and virtual private networks.

Big Cam

Reaction score
Odd, their commercails boasted how it was all going to be free.

Plus I thought people who worked for adobe and had 2.2 running said hulu worked it just took forever to load.

darreno1

Reaction score
Well with the latest update it seems that hulu is working again somewhat. It wont launch the videos directly but if I search using the explore feature they do play. Can anyone else verify this?

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Well with the latest update it seems that hulu is working again somewhat. It wont launch the videos directly but if I search using the explore feature they do play. Can anyone else verify this?

Just tried it I used explore and started to load then just crapped out, I laso noticed that the video button flashed on and off real quickly but then just stayed off.