1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Huh? Loaded stock 2.2 and it runs better?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by ljholland, Aug 14, 2010.

1. ljholland

ljholland New Member

For goofs, I loaded the plain rooted 2.2 in ROM Manager. Without overclocking, it runs faster with no lag than my BB. No lag at all. Everything seems to work properly....even the market installs apps without glitches.

????
  2. mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie New Member

That's what I'm back to running. Can't seem to get good battery life with any on the custom ROM's. I love 'em but I guess I can't find the right kernel combo or something. I've been through Chevy's set of LV and ULV with not much change. Stock is giving me the best overall right now.

Getting an itchy flashing finger though....it's bound to happen soon.
  3. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy New Member

how long had you had your bb install?
    any fresh install will be faster than an older one.

personally i went from a fresh install of bb to stock and it was terribly slow, i just had to remind myself what it was like.

then again apparently roms run different on different phones..so who knows ehh
  4. PulkPull

PulkPull New Member

I rooted for the 1st time about 4 months ago and ever since then I have been on BB's ROMs. I got tired of waiting for v0.5 and started getting the itch to try something new a few weeks ago, so I flashed sapphire v1.0.

It was like going from my old moto razor to my droid for the 1st time. Everything runs smoother, is WAY more responsive, 0 lag, running super cool at 1000mhz, and I get about 2 days before I need to charge with average use.

I would recommend anyone to try it out, I think I am sold...
  5. peteralfonso

peteralfonso Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Not sure if you realize this but BB V0.4 is based on an previous build compared to what you flashed via ROM Manager. This being said, Verizon/Moto released a new build for a reason. That reason being to fix bugs and such, meaning it will run better than an old build.
  6. SemperGumbee

SemperGumbee New Member

BB v 0.4 is built using the FRF84B files that Verizon put out a while ago. Since then, they have released the build FRG01B, which has optimized parts of the OS for the Droid. Most of the newer ROMs are running these proprietary files and were released soon after the leak. Pete usually builds off of the latest thing that is released so when BB 0.5 comes out, it will most likely use these files. Sapphire and Lithium are currently using these files and run a lot smoother IMHO. I am seeing a little bit less battery life, but it's worth it. When Pete releases 0.5, it's gonna be awesome. Try flashing some other ROMs and see what's out there. I have tried EVERY single one that is attached to these forums and I usually stick with BB, Lithium, and Sapphire because they run the best on my Droid.
  7. dparm

dparm New Member

I'm far more satisfied with FRG01B than I ever was with Bugless Beast. I don't really miss much of the custom stuff, to be honest.
  8. brochaos

brochaos New Member

i was always a stock rom guy myself, until i tried sapphire. most roms still have bugs in them that the stock ones do not. of course you do lose out on some extra features though.
  9. orizzle

orizzle New Member

I was also previously sold on BB but the lack of updates drove me away. Why run unfinished software? I've since flashed ultimatedroid and won't be going back. My phone is ten times faster and everything just works.
  10. TARADO96

TARADO96 New Member

[MmQUOTE=ljholland;731719]For goofs, I loaded the plain rooted 2.2 in ROM Manager. Without overclocking, it runs faster with no lag than my BB. No lag at all. Everything seems to work properly....even the market installs apps without glitches.

????[/QUOTE]

I have tried other Rome for the past 2 months. The most stable for my Droid was BBvo.4. However, after flashing the stock 2.2 with the root option, I must say everyone who had had any issues should flash it. The above overclocked with Chevy's ulv 1250 is blazing fast and stable. Still, I cannot wait for Pete's BBv0.5.
  11. ljholland

ljholland New Member

More results:

- Battery life with BB= 8 hours; with 2.2=20 hours. The phone is totally cool to the touch.
    - LauncherPro with BB was laggy and FCed now and then. With 2.2 it's running completely normal and FAST.
    - I couldn't use live wallpaper with BB or the phone would just lag terribly. With 2.2, I've had the Nexus LWP running and there's no affect on the phone.
  12. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

I tried it last night and for me it ran OK but nothing near flawless as BB v0.4 is for me the way I have it set up currently....
    Perhaps you guys haven't found the right configuration using BB.... because for me the stock ROM was nothing even close to resembling fast??? not compared to how BB is running for me on my Droid??

Anyways, glad you guys are happy, but for me BB v0.4 (and Sapphire v1.0) is running flawless, lightning fast, and completely customized...so I'll stick to what I have , thank you...:)
  13. azpilot

azpilot New Member

My battery has stayed the same throughout the roms (including the stock) I have easily about 50-60% left over after easy texting and some phone calls. The lowest I have seen the battery go is 40% so far with heavy texting and some long distance phone calls. I can say for my setup, these roms far outshine the stock 2.2
  14. virtueoftheabsurd

virtueoftheabsurd New Member

Which stock 2.2 are you running? Pete's Deodexed, or a different one?
  15. ljholland

ljholland New Member

It's the one in Rom Manager in the Stock group
  16. Glueeater

Glueeater New Member

I've been trying to figure out where to post this, and I figure this thread is best. I recently tried out Sapphire ROM out of curiousity of this "source-built" ROM thing. Speed wise, I ran 250-800 mhz kernels on both (Chevy and P3 on BB, and CVPCS on Sapphire), and they are about equal. I notice no significant lag and everything works as it should in both ROMs. Battery life it APPEARS to be MUCH better in Sapphire. I am able to continuously use my phone for hours and not drain it significantly using Sapphire.

BB is, and it is completely known, just a stock ROM with a lot of tweaks. No discredit to Pete, he's done a lot for the community, but in the end, it is what it is. A ROM with some nice and USEFUL tweaks and apps loaded. The source-built ones are truly ROMs. They bring something new to the table.

Try new things guys. Use these forums to express your findings. I'll be back around when pete learns some moreā€¦
  17. Raven1r44

Raven1r44 New Member

are you basing this comparison simply off of end user perception? or did you actually load up apps like CPUbenchmark and quadrant to see if its really running faster?
  18. Bxrider117

Bxrider117 New Member

I switched back to P3Droid's deodexed FRG22 rom and I have loaded 928Droid's Theme with Chevy's ULV 1200mhz kernel. I have my phone dialed to 1100mhz/400mhz and my battery life is easily 13-16hrs and i am always looking at my phone for something. I charged and unplugged my phone last night at midnight. I did not use it much overnight, but I have been up since 7am with my 2 boys and I still have 70% battery left.

With a stock rom, I experience less FCs and no problems with Gmail, messaging, FB or other apps. I took off the weather animation with Beautiful Widgets and the phone has no lag. I swipe my phone on and can flick through the 7 screens with Launcher Pro. However, I did notice that I had to let the phone settle for about 3-5 hours when i went back to this rom. When I immediately flashed it, there was a little lag, but I am going on a few days and I see no lag. Except with the screen rotation, but that I can live with.
  19. Glueeater

Glueeater New Member

What's more important: numbers or user experience?
  20. Raven1r44

Raven1r44 New Member

the numbers dont lie homie, better numbers will usually indicate a more "snappier" end-user perception. similarly I havent felt the need to switch over to the DX yet because my moto droid runs higher cpu benchmark and quadrant scores. basically, it doesnt matter what your brain is telling you, its a unix based system that is moving only as fast as its displayed numbers! ;-)