Huges issues with JR 5.0.9 and custom launcher pro.

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by alonsou, Jul 8, 2010.

1. alonsou

alonsou Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey folks I really need some suggestions here, I'm kind of running out of options :icon_eek:

Earlier today I installed JR 5.0.9 and needless to say like always, all of JRummy roms are great!, well this wasn't the exception. But I wanted it to try the custom launcher pro that Mike919 posted earlier.

I will say that I have some quite experience installing roms, but this is really driving me crazy.

As soon as I finished the installation of the custom launcher I started noticing some kind of lag on my phone something very unusual for a JR rom. So I decided to connect my phone with the USB cable to the computer to get a different launcher, here's where I totally freaked out my pc will not recognize my phone!! I did try using a different cable, a different computer and still no luck, I know is not the actual USb port since my wife's Incredible connects to the pc with no issues at all.

Just to make everything worst, I can't install anything out of the market. It will download it but it will get stuck on the installing. I can't get rom manager to run a back up, neither titanium b'up. Restore Apps won't work either....

I had installed different roms (JR 4.0.7,BB4,SS4.2,4.1) and I get the same results with every single one, even doing data and cache wipes between installations.

So what's next? How can I regain access to the USB connectivity? Any ideas on the market issue?

Needless to say but for now on, I will stay away from those custom launchers.

Will I need to reset to factory settings and start all over the rooting process again? I hope not...!!

I will highly appreciated any help you can provide.

Thanks

2. JCo352

JCo352 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How about restoring a backup? That's what those are for.

3. clairecakes

clairecakes New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The issue started after the Launcher Pro install? Have you tried uninstalling it? What about repairing permissions?

And if all else fails there's always loading a backup rom.

4. Johnly

Johnly Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    lol! I though you were corinacakes! Carry on:)

5. Jmart922

Jmart922 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried rebooting into recovery mode and going into nandroid and reinstalling a backup? Or just flash another rom using clockwork

6. alonsou

alonsou Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay folks, so far I had reinstalled 2 nandroid backups, one as far as 6-30-10 and the issues seem to persist, market apps hanging on the "installing" for hours and nothing its done. I just tried to connect my phone thru USB to a buddy's pc and it will not recognize my phone either. I had delete the Launcher pro data file (update.zip format) out of the SD card and guess what.... nothing, the same issues persist.

What should I do now?

So far I've done all the following:

1) Delete the file out of the SD card
    2) Install several different roms all with wipe data in between
    3) Perfomed 2 nandroid back ups
    4) Repaired permissions

What else can I do?

7. alonsou

alonsou Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So it seems like everything I've done so far made everything just worst.

I rebooted my phone and tried to load CWM to perform another nandroid b'up and my phones it's been on the white Moto logo for well over 5 minutes, do I'm now a proud owner of a bricked phone...?? However bootloader does work.

Is there anything I can do from bootloader?

8. alonsou

alonsou Member

Ratings:
    +0
    CWM is not working for me, I'll try to flash SPR and come back to CWM one more time.

9. alonsou

alonsou Member

Ratings:
    +0
    CWM working now, flashing BB4 .... I hope this works....

10. alonsou

alonsou Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Uufff!! I'm glad to post this, the whole issue has been resolved, it was a corrupted SD card. Once I formatted, everything started to work flawless again, good thing that I made a copy of my card just before this whole issue happened. Once again... Droid does..!!! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::clap::yeahbaby01: