Huge problem

JohnnyACE562

Reaction score
I downloaded JRummy's LithMod NG v0.0.5 ROM without Google Apps and noticed that some of my apps were missing. So I downloaded the ROM again with Google Apps and it wiped my data. After I flashed the Nandroid back to the backup I made before updating, my data was still gone. Now everytime I try to reboot into recovery, I get stuck on the M logo (even when I hold down the X button) and then the phone reboots without going to recovery.

Someone please help. This just RUINED my day.

mjh68

Reaction score
I downloaded JRummy's LithMod NG v0.0.5 ROM without Google Apps and noticed that some of my apps were missing. So I downloaded the ROM again with Google Apps and it wiped my data. After I flashed the Nandroid back to the backup I made before updating, my data was still gone. Now everytime I try to reboot into recovery, I get stuck on the M logo (even when I hold down the X button) and then the phone reboots without going to recovery.

Someone please help. This just RUINED my day.

Two things, first pull battery and leave it out for about 10 seconds. Reinsert battery and then try to boot into recovery. If it still just reboots, then the second thing to do is flash back to spr recovery which is the alternate recovery if your using rom manager. After spr recovery is flashed, flash back to clockwork and then reboot into recovery.

As far as Data being wiped even in the backup , that doesn't make sense. The backup should be a complete image unless you don't have data checked in the backup options or data isn't checked when you attempt to run the backup.

OP
JohnnyACE562

JohnnyACE562

Reaction score
It's refusing to restore all data. Stops at ".android_secure" and says "Restore complete!"

Tried again and it says "Can't unmount /data/!"

Last edited:
OP
JohnnyACE562

JohnnyACE562

Reaction score
Problem solved! :) Flashing an earlier backup did the trick.

The moral of this story: ALWAYS INSTALL THE GOOGLE APPS.

Sorry about the double-posting. I'm still getting used to the rules here.