Huge pile of problems

mlo0352

Reaction score
Hi all.

So recently I installed Nebtop on my phone to get use of the Webtop application on the phone. It was working fine until one time it froze. When I unplugged the HDMI cable, it rebooted the phone. Since then, every time I reboot the phone is reverted to that point in time. What I mean is:

1. There was an unread text that I got while I was in Webtop mode, and it is constantly re-received as a new message.
a. I have tried deleting the texts with SMS Backup & Restore and was got this error: "the database disk image is malformed"​
b. After rebooting the phone, the texts were back, the app was uninstalled, and the same message was re-received as "new".​
2. Any app I install is uninstalled upon reboot (updates too).
3. I cannot remove super user.
a. I have tried the instructions from here: "How to Unroot Droid Razr! | DroidRazrRoot.com"​
4. When I erase all user data (reboot with volume up/down and then wipe all data), it doesn't do anything. Everything remains.5. I get frequent crashes when trying to open apps.

I've been rooted for a long time. I started getting these problems as I said right after that crash while using webtop. I'm convinced that was when it went to hell, I just can't figure out what the heck happened.

This has been really messing with me for the last day. I just don't know what else to do...I can't really take it back to Verizon with it being rooted (can I?).

Is there a more...permanent way to restore everything to factory settings? That's all I want. I want to revert to the original factory conditions, and then re-setup everything.

Thanks for any help, guys/gals!

Redbeaver

Reaction score
well u can always download RSD Lite 5.6 and a Verizon fastboot ROM.

i flashed my GSM Canadian Rogers VT910 with a Brazilian English (closest to it, no Rogers ROM available) and it took 10 min. fixed my contacts kept crashin problem and i didnt even need to wipe data. all my apps are fine. of course, i lost root. so i re-root again :D

good luck!

OP
M

mlo0352

Reaction score
Well I did see an option under Recovery in the alternative booting menu that has AP Fastboot. Is that a ROM? Would it work? I'm not the most informed when it comes to this sort of stuff.

Redbeaver

Reaction score
im not exactly the most informed either lol

but i dont think recovery works if u never made a backup... i think.... i dunno.

OP
M

mlo0352

Reaction score
Yeah...but I feel like there must be a way to revert the phone to whatever state it was in when I brought it home from the store....

Thanks for your responses, btw.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Has a factory reset been tried?
It won't un-root but may fix the webtop errors it caused..
----posted maxx'ed out----

OP
M

mlo0352

Reaction score
Has a factory reset been tried?
It won't un-root but may fix the webtop errors it caused..

I did the procedures I said above. I booted it into the recovery mode and did the factory wipe (at least that's what I thought it was...it was the only thing I've come across when googling for factory resets). Is there another way of doing this that I haven't done, you think? Unfortunately, even after "wiping" the data, it came back after rebooting...the phone seems to be booting into a bad image or something. I dunno...the sms error seems telling to me. Something wrong with some databases.

Redbeaver

Reaction score
then i dont see why can't u give that a shot. ive never boot into AP Fastboot (all 3 buttons pushed?) until i use RSD Lite, so i never look into much of it.

but yes, there is a reset there, and may as well work better than the in-OS factory reset...

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was referring to factory reset under settings/privacy..

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there an update.zip on the root of sd card anywhere? Far fetched but sounds as if its reverting/restoring back... worth a looksy...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
well u can always download RSD Lite 5.6 and a Verizon fastboot ROM.

i flashed my GSM Canadian Rogers VT910 with a Brazilian English (closest to it, no Rogers ROM available) and it took 10 min. fixed my contacts kept crashin problem and i didnt even need to wipe data. all my apps are fine. of course, i lost root. so i re-root again :D

good luck!

I'm with Redbeaver on this one. Fastboot to .744, but then you need to do a Factory Reset, to be sure you've flushed out all the remnants of the current fubared OS. The drawback is having to completely reinstall all apps and user's settings.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
M

mlo0352

Reaction score
I was referring to factory reset under settings/privacy..

Yes, I tried that. It reverted everything (except the apps and text messages). Then, after a reboot, everything was back to normal... Very odd.

I'm reluctant about this AP Flashboot because I see that a lot of people have managed to brick their phones using it.

ablank

Reaction score
Lol why. So hostile.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums