[HUGE NEWS] VZ to allow unlimited Skype calling over 3g starting next month!!!1

Zippster

Reaction score
I was a very early Skype user many years ago and they pissed me off pretty well to the point I dropped it and would never use again, purchased airtime from them ( only like 10 bucks ) and used just a few minutes , didnt have any need for it for about another month or so but when I went to use it again, found all my credits removed from my available usage to products only???? Contacted them and it was their policy...so wtf I could get a Skype t shirt but not airtime with my money? lol

elgordo123

Reaction score
Having the app and the app being useable is 2 different things though. My pre-droid phone was a Samsung I760 windows mobile. It had skype. (I know skype-skype, can't remember if it had skype-out)
It worked but even via wifi the sound was terrible and there was huge lag. It may have been the OS, processor, memory, etc, but I dont have my hopes up too high that it will be useable.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Having the app and the app being useable is 2 different things though. My pre-droid phone was a Samsung I760 windows mobile. It had skype. (I know skype-skype, can't remember if it had skype-out)
It worked but even via wifi the sound was terrible and there was huge lag. It may have been the OS, processor, memory, etc, but I dont have my hopes up too high that it will be useable.

^+1... I had a Tilt and a Tilt 2 (the later of which is as powerful or more than our Droids) and same issue(s)...

Add to that the fact VZW 3G network is already highly taxed (near the point of being OVERBURDENED) and this is just stupid... their network will NOT be able to keep up... sounds more like a move to 'level' the playing field to AT$T benefit (SOON we'll be enjoying the 3G service outages that AT$T users have been seeing for years, YEA:icon_ banana:).

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
we'll see where this goes, but imho... skype+vz will be releasing a VoIP data-only phone soon :D

this is an interesting partnership, way beyond what is stated here

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Wasn't VZ alowing Skype calls over 3G ? That's weird because I was using it for some years now on my WM phones with the Skype application for WM which has Skype-Out and other features not included in Skype Lite for Android , and the Omnia 2 had no problems with the sound quality .

Last edited: