Huge Moto X Leak Reveals Pics, Benchmarks & Full Specs

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jul 22, 2013.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,254
    [​IMG]

The folks at AndroidPolice scored a huge leak for the new Moto X. They got hold of a ton of pics, full specs and a slew of benchmarks for the device. Here's the spec-list in a quote:
    The CPU benchmarks prove to be right about where you would expect it to be with these specs; We have an 18.7K AnTuTu score. However, it's worth noting that the device in graphics benchmarks, and mostly annihilates the competition with a 7.1K 3DMark Ice Storm Extreme score. Of course, at first, you must take into consideration that the display is only 720p, so the phone may not have to work as hard. However, there is one caveat to this as well. Supposedly, the Ice Storm Extreme benchmark runs everything in 1080p and then downscales it to the 720p. We can't confirm this at this time, but if it is true, then the Adreno 320 GPU is doing a ton of work here.

There is a great deal more pics over at AndroidPolice, so feel free to check them out at the source link below.

Source: AndroidPolice

2. combatmedic870

combatmedic870 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +56
    I dont know what to think about this... So what does the S4 get with this bench?

With on 16gb and no SD card slot(32 would be ok). To me this is DOA. This seems to be a re-release of the DNA but with a smaller screen and made by moto.

#2 combatmedic870, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  3. TheOldFart

TheOldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +27
    Battery 13% less mAh than RAZR HD. Same resolution. Double the RAM, but no SD card slot. Higher resolution camera, but I couldn't care less. Assuming that the price at Verizon (if it gets to Verizon) will be at least $99, I'd buy the RAZR HD, which is $50 right now.

4. Hodor

Hodor Active Member

Ratings:
    +49
    No SD card slot, no sale. Just my opinion..

5. prime

prime Kernel Developer
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +56
    I personally like this device, It's almost like a Motorola Nexus.

The specs are fine, if this has an unlockable bootloader it would be a fine upgrade from a Galaxy Nexus.

What is the device made out of?

6. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,670
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    I agree with Prime in saying this is a Moto Nexus device. No one is going to be buying it because it is a powerhouse of a phone, they're going to buy it because it's highly customizable, right down to the material used on the hardware. In today's day and age, individuality is as important as its ever been. I think this phone is going to sell like hotcakes because of this and if it's at the right price. It's a phone that offers alot without costing alot since it doesn't have the biggest screen, the highest resolution, the latest chipset, etc. I mean think about it, do we really need quadcore in our phones? Yeah it's nice to have the constant speed and power, but realistically, apps aren't that demanding and a dualcore with some software tweaks will do just fine.

I think Moto is really pushing customization and individuality with this phone, if the rumors are true. This is a phone that everyone can have, but be a little different at the same time. Customization to Android users is important, and if it can be done on the hardware side of things, then the X should be a success.

7. skennelly

skennelly Active Member

Ratings:
    +29
    I hate how android handles an external SD card now. Because of this, my next phone will have 32gb storage and it won't have to have an extsdcard. 16 gb sucks though.

8. prime

prime Kernel Developer
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +56
    I hate MTP! It's so slow and predominately Linux incompatible (works but not out of the box generally).

9. trestevenson

trestevenson Active Member

Ratings:
    +33
    Current Phone Model:
    Huawei Nexus 6P
    MTP has given me nothing but issues on my laptop running Ubuntu 13.04. I still can't transfer large files reliably from my G-Nex using the protocol. I've got to use AirDroid instead.

10. stemo

stemo Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Maybe I over read or something but where does it say there won't be an sd card?

11. TheOldFart

TheOldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +27
  12. stemo

stemo Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for pointing that out to me.

Search tags for this page

bench score motox

benchmark moto x