1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Huge Moto X Leak Reveals Pics, Benchmarks & Full Specs

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jul 22, 2013.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

The folks at AndroidPolice scored a huge leak for the new Moto X. They got hold of a ton of pics, full specs and a slew of benchmarks for the device. Here's the spec-list in a quote:
    The CPU benchmarks prove to be right about where you would expect it to be with these specs; We have an 18.7K AnTuTu score. However, it's worth noting that the device in graphics benchmarks, and mostly annihilates the competition with a 7.1K 3DMark Ice Storm Extreme score. Of course, at first, you must take into consideration that the display is only 720p, so the phone may not have to work as hard. However, there is one caveat to this as well. Supposedly, the Ice Storm Extreme benchmark runs everything in 1080p and then downscales it to the 720p. We can't confirm this at this time, but if it is true, then the Adreno 320 GPU is doing a ton of work here.

There is a great deal more pics over at AndroidPolice, so feel free to check them out at the source link below.

Source: AndroidPolice
  2. combatmedic870

combatmedic870 New Member

I dont know what to think about this... So what does the S4 get with this bench?

With on 16gb and no SD card slot(32 would be ok). To me this is DOA. This seems to be a re-release of the DNA but with a smaller screen and made by moto.
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  3. TheOldFart

TheOldFart New Member

Battery 13% less mAh than RAZR HD. Same resolution. Double the RAM, but no SD card slot. Higher resolution camera, but I couldn't care less. Assuming that the price at Verizon (if it gets to Verizon) will be at least $99, I'd buy the RAZR HD, which is $50 right now.
  4. Hodor

Hodor New Member

No SD card slot, no sale. Just my opinion..
  5. prime

prime Kernel Developer Premium Member Developer

I personally like this device, It's almost like a Motorola Nexus.

The specs are fine, if this has an unlockable bootloader it would be a fine upgrade from a Galaxy Nexus.

What is the device made out of?
  6. dezymond

dezymond RS Lead Premium Member

I agree with Prime in saying this is a Moto Nexus device. No one is going to be buying it because it is a powerhouse of a phone, they're going to buy it because it's highly customizable, right down to the material used on the hardware. In today's day and age, individuality is as important as its ever been. I think this phone is going to sell like hotcakes because of this and if it's at the right price. It's a phone that offers alot without costing alot since it doesn't have the biggest screen, the highest resolution, the latest chipset, etc. I mean think about it, do we really need quadcore in our phones? Yeah it's nice to have the constant speed and power, but realistically, apps aren't that demanding and a dualcore with some software tweaks will do just fine.

I think Moto is really pushing customization and individuality with this phone, if the rumors are true. This is a phone that everyone can have, but be a little different at the same time. Customization to Android users is important, and if it can be done on the hardware side of things, then the X should be a success.
  7. skennelly

skennelly New Member

I hate how android handles an external SD card now. Because of this, my next phone will have 32gb storage and it won't have to have an extsdcard. 16 gb sucks though.
  8. prime

I hate MTP! It's so slow and predominately Linux incompatible (works but not out of the box generally).
  9. trestevenson

trestevenson Active Member

MTP has given me nothing but issues on my laptop running Ubuntu 13.04. I still can't transfer large files reliably from my G-Nex using the protocol. I've got to use AirDroid instead.
  10. stemo

stemo New Member

Maybe I over read or something but where does it say there won't be an sd card?
  11. TheOldFart

TheOldFart New Member

12. stemo

stemo New Member

Thanks for pointing that out to me.
  13. djspy

djspy New Member

You know, if you turn on developer settings and USB debugging, the computer reads the phone as if it were an external hard drive.
  14. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

12GB accessible and no memory card..... absolute deal breaker for me. If they dont have models with more memory, I will be using my current phone until next year. 16GB woulda been the absolute minimum for me. I have about 11GB used now on my Max HD. I have compromised on some things over the past few years. Storage wont be one.

Even when I had a G Nex with 32GB....no sd card was a lil irritating for custom ROMs. I never had to back up everything when I had phones with SD cards. Never lost anything too by not backing everything up.
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  15. prime

No it doesn't. You can transfer files over ADB but this is not the same as Mass Storage mode.
  16. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

Google is really missing the mark on storage. I get they want everyone to use the cloud, but the simple fact is between areas of no signal and limited data plans, most people aren't going to keep their music in the cloud. Or maybe I'm off-base and they are simply trying to deliver an economical device and not be all things to all people with the Moto X.

It's interesting to me that while Android devices skimp on storage, sometimes not even having an SD, Apple keeps adding storage with every new model.

While we're on the subject, the other dumb thing is some apps will only utilize the external SD. So if you swap SD's or want to dedicate it for your media content you'll have issues.
  17. _33

_33 New Member

Same here. I also really prefer the removable battery.

Guess it's wait for the Note 3 now.
  18. xtor

xtor Well-Known Member

Moto fail:(

sent from a note yee (2)
  19. prime

Google has been pushing for internal storage for multiple reasons. I believe the X may be the beginning of a Samsung Galaxy type lineup, this first device being midrange with a beast to follow.

Apps that use external storage only are poorly written or some unforeseen issue arose by using an internal/external combination.

Apple doesn't have SD storage, they increase internal and overcharge for it. If you could buy the base iPhone and up the storage by 32GB for a few dollars more with an SD card why would you pay $150 more for the 32GB model...you wouldn't ;-)

Google isn't trying to get you in the same way, they have reasons for internal only. That said a device really needs 32GB if there is no SD slot, especially when smartphones have began replacing laptops.
  20. prime

A device that isn't out yet is a fail, if your not interested why post in this thread?
Search tags for this page

bench score motox

moto x specs dgstorm