HUGE LG G4 Leak Ahead Of Release! Specs and More!

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
Then why not leave the camera at 8MP (8.3 to be exact)? That's capable of UHD. With a quality sensor, and good software, that would be plenty.

12, 16, 18, 21, anything bigger is pointless...

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Because the general public that doesn't know any better and continue to think bigger is better, and so manufacturers will always use that as a selling point. All flagship models these days can shoot UHD. As previously mentioned, it's all about aperture settings these days and perfecting low light quality. Which btw, all manufacturers are getting better at. Each new device that has come out over the past year (Whether it's Samsung, Moto, LG etc) has improved their camera quality over the previous model, without significantly raising the MP.

S5 tap'n

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Because the general public that doesn't know any better and continue to think bigger is better, and so manufacturers will always use that as a selling point. All flagship models these days can shoot UHD. As previously mentioned, it's all about aperture settings these days and perfecting low light quality. Which btw, all manufacturers are getting better at. Each new device that has come out over the past year (Whether it's Samsung, Moto, LG etc) has improved their camera quality over the previous model, without significantly raising the MP.

S5 tap'n

Except for the m9 :(

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Then why not leave the camera at 8MP (8.3 to be exact)? That's capable of UHD. With a quality sensor, and good software, that would be plenty.

12, 16, 18, 21, anything bigger is pointless...

It all depends on what you are using the photos for.

That being said...Apple has to upgrade their specs to do any increase in camera sensors since their current hardware cannot handle it. I would be shocked if the i6S Plus wasn't the first phone from their upcoming generations to receive it.

My i6 Plus is a lagfestival. If they don't increase their ram this year I'm out.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Except for the m9 :(
That's too bad.
Just now watching some reviews on this thing and wow, the battery life blows on this thing too. Especially for a 1080p screen! C'mon HTC...get it together! What a disappointment.

My i6 Plus is a lagfestival. If they don't increase their ram this year I'm out.
Some might say you shouldn't have been "in" to begin with, but I digress.

S5 tap'n

Last edited:

pixeline

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with the good old iPhone. I still have my geriatric iP4 sitting in its dock playing music to it's heart's delight. It's all it's good for these days.

But it's my backup phone in case my Note 3 gets hiccups ... which I sincerely hope it doesn't. Don't fancy putting "the old lady" to the test as my daily driver for any periode of time - so I treat my Note 3 as a queen ♕!

Swyped ✔

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Nothing wrong with the good old iPhone. I still have my geriatric iP4 sitting in its dock playing music to it's heart's delight. It's all it's good for these days.

But it's my backup phone in case my Note 3 gets hiccups ... which I sincerely hope it doesn't. Don't fancy putting "the old lady" to the test as my daily driver for any periode of time - so I treat my Note 3 as a queen ♕!

Swyped ✔
This gives me an idea for a thread.... What you use old devices for.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Good idea! I won't be able to contribute much though. I'm one of those in the camp where I like to use my current device for everything. My Fascinate is still sitting in my electronics "junk drawer", I donated my S3 to a fellow mod on the S3 forum when he demolished his, I had a perfectly good MP3 player that I passed on to a fellow mod here on the DF, and its now being utilized to it's fullest potential. I currently use my S5 as an all in one multi purpose MP3/media player/phone/camera. I do still have my orig Nexus 7 that I bust out from time to time. (Though I don't consider that old tech, even though at almost 3 years old, it really is) I still use it to watch Netflix or browse YouTube in bed from time to time.
It would be interesting to see what everyone else does with their old devices.

S5 tap'n

pixeline

Reaction score
Pretty sure this is going to be the one.
So am I ... can't remember when a new device has appealed to me so much so quickly - inside and out

Glass, steel and alu isn't really my thing. Too cold and slippery in my opinion. And non removable batteries definitely aren't either. So I'm pretty sure I've found my new friend. Not right now, but when my faithful Note 3 is up for retirement

Swyped ✔

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Reminds me out my poor N7... Where do devices go when they can't power on?
To eBay. "slightly used"

Depending, replacing a battery isn't that bad... But like on my Nook Simple Touch, the charging circuit just died. Best darn e-reader ever made!

/derailment lol

creaky

Reaction score
So am I ... can't remember when a new device has appealed to me so much so quickly - inside and out

Glass, steel and alu isn't really my thing. Too cold and slippery in my opinion. And non removable batteries definitely aren't either. So I'm pretty sure I've found my new friend. Not right now, but when my faithful Note 3 is up for retirement

Swyped ✔
I like the metal bodies but that usually means no removable battery. G4 has one and an SD slot as well as what should be a great camera. No confirmation on processor but in this case I think either the 808 or 810 w/ 3 GB RAM will do me just fine assuming the architecture is good. I'm also hoping for fairly easy rooting and a bootloader exploit for at&t based on what happened w/ the G3.