Huge Emoji Pack For Rooted Users!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Having a rooted device just means that you have endless options when it comes to the customization of your device. You pretty much have not limits. This means that if you have an older phone you are still able to have the features of much newer devices. The latest versions of Android include an updated list of emoji. These include food, new hand gestures, animals and more! If you are rooted you can have the same emoji on your device. All you need to do is grab the EmojiOne TTF file and replace the NotoColorEmoji.ttf in your /system/fonts folder. Grab the Emoji package from the link below.

via reddit

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
That's great and all but when I send someone the new 6.0.1 emoji's people get a black box with a ? in it.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
That's great and all but when I send someone the new 6.0.1 emoji's people get a black box with a ? in it.
Any emoji or the ones from the above file?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
The new 6.0.1 emojis

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Do you know if it's across all devices running 6.0.1

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I'm also running 6.0.1 but I downloaded an IOS style emoji tff file and no boxes here.

Going to download this new emoji pack. Thanks Shane!

Sent from my Nexus 6P

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Question: if I text primarily with iPhone users, using Hangouts, how can I guarantee that I can see all of their emoji's and they can see all of mine without issue. Right now, I get alot of boxes with X's in them, and sometimes my emoji's don't come across properly.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Question: if I text primarily with iPhone users, using Hangouts, how can I guarantee that I can see all of their emoji's and they can see all of mine without issue. Right now, I get alot of boxes with X's in them, and sometimes my emoji's don't come across properly.
You can't. That's the issue I'm having. I send them one thing and they get something different. Even sending just a smile, they all look different.

Drootz

Reaction score

I have the same issue, my friend and I discovered it's because iphone allows you to change the color of the new emjoi's but android does not allow you to change the color of emjoi's.

If he sends the emjoi on iphone as the default color I can see it but if he sends it as any other color I see a box with an X in it.

hope this helps

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yup. iPhone users on Twitter do the same kinda thing to me.

There's some kind of emoji standard, but it's not supported properly across devices. It's a half-baked standard at best and there's no translation between different versions of it, from what I can tell.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I love these emojis. :D

rLRf2LU.png