Huge Battery Drain

Reaction score
I'll have to check it out when I get off work. I work in an area where electronics aren't allowed, so the phone is in the car.

YES! Not at first, which is why it wasn't mentioned in the OP, but especially yesterday I would have 0 service, or at least 0 data. I would reboot the phone and have data back. Also, text messages are taking forever to send, like 2 minutes sometimes. they'll sit with an hour glass and eventually go, most of the time. sometimes they're failing too. I do not have an extended battery or door, So at the risk of sounding ignorant, what's an FDR? I'll try anything to fix this crap. I normally love my phone but the last week is starting to get aggravating.

Factory data reset. The whole deal. Check the forums on here about it first, cuz you will delete everything and I mean everything. But it fixed all that crap for me. Totally worth all the saving and transferring and time and all that.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Damn. I was really hoping it wouldn't come to that, but maybe it's time. If I do a reset, can I restore apps via Titanium backup? or will that just restore whatever my problem is?
The answer is, yes you can, but I wouldn't... You most likely have something messed up in the phone, and restoring data just restore the issue right back in to the phone.

I would factory default, restore contacts and SMS, and add nothing for a day or two... if the battery drain continues it's probably a bad handset, if it stops then an app or something an app did is causing the issue, so probably don't want to restore apps.

OP
R

raptor5k

Reaction score
The answer is, yes you can, but I wouldn't... You most likely have something messed up in the phone, and restoring data just restore the issue right back in to the phone.

I would factory default, restore contacts and SMS, and add nothing for a day or two... if the battery drain continues it's probably a bad handset, if it stops then an app or something an app did is causing the issue, so probably don't want to restore apps.

I did exactly this. Wiped everything last night. I only re-installed about 5 apps (keyboard, alarm clock, battery monitor, titanium backup) So far since last night it's been much better. no battery drain, no annoying flickering of widgets, no service issues. If I get through the day and it's still being good, I'll start reinstalling a few apps at a time. It will take me a few days to get re setup, but hopefully it'll fix my issues. Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone. I'll let you know how it goes.

OP
R

raptor5k

Reaction score
Well day 2 after the wipe, and it's working better than ever. I recovered a dozen more apps last night, and it's still working well. after 20 hours of being on battery last night I was @ 50%. Of course I don't have facebook or email loaded back up yet, but still it seems to be back to normal and then some. Still don't know what caused it, but it looks like I have it fixed. Thanks for the help everyone.

ahendric

Reaction score
Let me know how the facebook thing goes. My daughter's phone works great until she installs facebook and that is when she gets major battery drain. Sadly, she just gets rid of facebook. :)

acejavelin

Reaction score
I use the Facebook app (current version, v2.3) all the time and do not have battery drain issues, but note that I have notifications, chat availability, and sync photos all turned off all the time.