Huawei Watch

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
Very attractive, now to see if it's function makes it valuable to own.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
My guess.. $199. What's your guess?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Another very nice looking watch. But that video is very reminiscent of the first two Moto 360 commercials. Seems like a little bit of a rip off of the 360 ads.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Oooooh!! VERY nice. Liking it perhaps even more than the LG. I am pleased that the button has been moved to 2:00, It makes the button less likely to jab my hand when I hyperextend my wrist. Thing is, it's not thinner than the Moto360 it appears. I will be watching this (pun intended).

Last edited:
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
While this watch looks quite nice, I'm lumping it into the first gen group, based on the specs. Doesn't really appear to offer anything new and exciting in that arena. No matter how nice it looks, I'm not looking to upgrade my G Watch until I get something with better aesthetics AND bigger/better battery/etc.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

"3 ounces of 24 karat gold" :eek:, I seriously don't think so. 3 ounces would be $3,600.84 at today's spot price of $1,200.28 per ounce at a minimum (just for the gold, not including the price of the watch itself)! Not to mention, anything made of 24 karat gold would be too soft to use as a watch casing, making it subject to scratching and even to dents with relatively light dings.

There might be 3 grams of 24 karat gold, but then it is probably not 24 karat either, since again it would be too soft. They may have used 3 grams of 24 karat gold in the process, meaning it has 3 grams smelted into a gold alloy that is maybe a 14 karat casing. I'm still saying that even 14 karat gold is unlikely and that if it contains any real gold at all, it's probably either plating or at the most 10 karat gold. Anything more than that or plating and the cost would be prohibitive. Still, I could be wrong.

As for the watch...no flat tire, which is a good thing, and yes, @Jonny Kansas , the internals are nothing to write home about although the screen is a bit nicer (and actually larger), than the Moto 360. I wonder where the hid the sensors that are in the flat tire of the 360, or did they do away with them altogether? Another thing I don't like...the hash marks on the bezel. It takes away from the customized screens, many of which have their own hashmarks.

It doesn't appear to use wireless charging, opting instead for a custom 4 point contact stand. This means of course, that you're stuck using their charging stand, and if you want to charge in the office or on the run you'll have to buy extra stands from them.

I do like the styling. The addition of the curved drops where the watchband connects takes essentially the same shape and size of the Moto 360 and makes it look and feel even more like a normal watch, however it's still appearing about as thick.

I am very happy to hear they went with Sapphire for the crystal.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have to agree with @Jonny Kansas on this watch. It does look really nice and will probably sell pretty good. But I am not dumping my LG G just for this. Its a nice watch, but mine can do all of the same things.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Foxkat I think they meant 3 grams in the entire batch of 10000. So basically 24 karat gold paint. Hey when I go to buy a Chinese knock off I know what I am getting. I know it's designed to just look the part for 2-3 wears.

The makers of Huawei probably like "hey that ain't cool man".

The reality is yeah they know how to look the part. Heck just look at the knock off iPhones. We don't trust the product. The reality is Huawei has a lot of convincing to get the American public to buy and it doesn't help that the big carriers like att and verizon don't sell their products. They are seen as cheap and the first time someone takes that watch out the box and it fall apart social media is going to be on them. Even if the first Galaxy gear or Apple watch was to do the same those companies have a better reputation among the public. My complaint about Samsung isn't that I am worried about it falling apart after I take it out of the box.
Huawei is on the clock (NFL Draft term) the world is watching so let's see how they do.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Foxkat I think they meant 3 grams in the entire batch of 10000. So basically 24 karat gold paint.

If so, it wasn't implied. And again, 24 karat gold paint would be very susceptible to scratching and wear unless somehow protected by materials in the paint such as polymers.