Huawei Watch Replacement

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Alright guys/gals, my Huawei Watch is starting to feel like it needs to be replaced. I'm impatient when it comes to waiting for new toys, so I'd like to get one soon. I'm ok with sticking with Wear OS, but if I go that route I may as well wait for manufacturers to release the new crop on the 3100 chip. I really like the Galaxy Watch, but I know some things won't work as well with a Pixel 2XL, which is still my daily. What's everyone got? Anyone have the GW with a non Samsung phone?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I know a co-worker with a GW watch and a Pixel XL. He seems to like it. I'm not sure what all the differences are between Wear OS and Tizen Wear (or whatever they call it) but he seems satisfied that it does just about everything my Wear OS watch does. Happy shopping!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
popcenator

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've read you can't initiate messages, only reply to them. I haven't heard much else in the way of incompatibilities. I love the dial navigation, the OS seems very fluid which is another plus. I just worry about app support. I know Wear OS has a lot of apps, but not very many good ones. I'd like to keep the ecosystem as fluid as possible, I'm not sure if Tizen would allow for that, but it seems like Samsung has a pretty good watch interface.

OP
popcenator

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well, after trying the Galaxy Watch for a few days, returning, and waiting a while, I picked up a Galaxy Active 2. Pretty nice, I will probably keep it. There were a couple small things that turned me off with the GW that the Active 2 seems to fix. Overall, I think the more I get used to it, the more I'll really enjoy it.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Good to hear you found something you like. I'm still wearing my Moto 360 Gen 2. I haven't found anything else yet that I like the looks of better than a 360 Gen 2. When it dies I'll repair it as long as I can find parts. After that.....I'll have to see what is available.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Well, after trying the Galaxy Watch for a few days, returning, and waiting a while, I picked up a Galaxy Active 2. Pretty nice, I will probably keep it. There were a couple small things that turned me off with the GW that the Active 2 seems to fix. Overall, I think the more I get used to it, the more I'll really enjoy it.

Awesome , . Good to see ya pop in .. what's shaking

Note10+

OP
popcenator

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Awesome , . Good to see ya pop in .. what's shaking

Note10+
Not a whole lot my man. For now, I'm giving up on Wear OS. I only got half of the messages that were sent to me on my watch, and from what I've read, even the new Fossil's have that issue. I would have much preferred a functional Wear watch, but it just doesn't exist. I've gotten every notification on the Active 2 so far, and although I'm not a fan of the input methods for responding, I'm getting used to it. Otherwise I really haven't messed with my phone or watch much in a while. Things run so well now on recent devices I've been happy as is. That and I've had issues with my last two phones even rooting wouldn't fix so I didn't invest the time to learn how. How are things with you guys?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Not a whole lot my man. For now, I'm giving up on Wear OS. I only got half of the messages that were sent to me on my watch, and from what I've read, even the new Fossil's have that issue. I would have much preferred a functional Wear watch, but it just doesn't exist. I've gotten every notification on the Active 2 so far, and although I'm not a fan of the input methods for responding, I'm getting used to it. Otherwise I really haven't messed with my phone or watch much in a while. Things run so well now on recent devices I've been happy as is. That and I've had issues with my last two phones even rooting wouldn't fix so I didn't invest the time to learn how. How are things with you guys?

All good here ...keeping up with the latest news ..you’re right phones nowadays run pretty great ... I only use my Apple Watch won’t go to any other ...though I did like the Active 2 a few peeps on the forums where waiting on it ...are you planning on keeping 2 XL another year or jumping on the P4?

11 Max Pro

OP
popcenator

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Probably keep the 2 XL since I'm still paying for it, and it's been running great since the Android 10 update. The 4 looks pretty damn stout though.

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Paying for it? . Sorry, had to point that out....after fixing my own typo in my previous post. LOL....love these keyboards.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

OP
popcenator

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't know what you're talking about