Huawei Plans to Challenge the Moto 360 with a Round Smartwatch Called the Zero Circle

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
huawei-zero-circle-1.jpg

Huawei recently shared a new device they are working on, and it could be a serious competitor to the Moto 360. It's a new smartwatch called the Zero Circle and it has an impressive design aesthetic. There's no confirmation yet whether it will be an Android Wear device or have its own custom OS, but the industry speculation is that it will use Google's OS.

The most fascinating feature of the device (and the reason it is called Zero) is that it has no buttons. It is fully functional using the touch-screen only. They didn't share too many details, but we do know it will include IP68 weather resistance to rain. Huawei also claims the device will work for 4 days on a single charge, but we will believe that lofty claim when we see it in the real world.

Here's our Android Wear dedicated section for further discussion: Android Watches Android Forum at DroidForums.net

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
We are obviously not their target demographic.

Kinda makes you worry about what they'll offer if they are, in fact, making the next Nexus though.
I do like the name and the buttonless design. I just think they need to change the look.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I think part of the look that bothers me is the bands shown here, but the brushed metal bezel doesn't look right to me either. I guess if you're not concerned with making it look like a watch, then making it look like some sort of odd bracelet is the only other way to go?

Gremlin

Reaction score
Well those are rendered photos.. and second I have no idea what happened to the other watch they were supposed to release?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think part of the look that bothers me is the bands shown here, but the brushed metal bezel doesn't look right to me either. I guess if you're not concerned with making it look like a watch, then making it look like some sort of odd bracelet is the only other way to go?
I like the brushed color of the bezel but dayum that's way too much of a good thing. Those bands are also just fugly enough to be a major hit also.
If it has a thinner bezel and a ginormius screen , in reality, I'll be looking at it really hard no matter how hideous the band because somebody will figure a way to get better looking ones to work and sell them cheap on eBay and Amazon.
As far as 4 days battery life,I can see that coming to fruition because I get up to 3 days on my S and Just under 5 on my Fit.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I can't wait until Tag makes their version of an Android Wear device.
The OEMs need to be shown how it's done.