Huawei Nexus 6 2015 or LG Nexus 5 2015

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Which one of these phones are you most looking forward to?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Gotta be the N5.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
I'm not really familiar with either company's phones, so I couldn't really be the judge. I liked the size of my N6 though...but LG makes some really good phones but should I give Huawei a chance...We'll see. I'm going to try and play with some demo models in the store.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Verizon will allow them on their network. It took them forever to get the Nexus 6 on their network.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I wonder if Verizon will allow them on their network. It took them forever to get the Nexus 6 on their network.

I am not disagreeing with the comment directly, however I had an N6 shipped to me immediately after release (actually 4 of them), bought from Motorola direct. Opened the box, pulled out the sim tray, put my Verizon sim in, pushed it back in and it was fully active on Verizon that very same minute. I know they weren't "officially" supporting it, but they weren't preventing it either, so it's not really accurate to say they weren't "allow[ing]" them since they did allow those Google and Motorola versions with all radios installed onto their network, or perhaps better said, didn't "prevent" them from access to same.

No, they weren't offering one for purchase at the Phone Center Stores, but that's as close to not allowing them as they came, afaik.

Last edited:

Bratster2

Reaction score
I am not disagreeing with the comment directly, however I had an N6 shipped to me immediately after release (actually 4 of them), bought from Motorola direct. Opened the box, pulled out the sim tray, put my Verizon sim in, pushed it back in and it was fully active on Verizon that very same minute. I know they weren't "officially" supporting it, but they weren't preventing it either, so it's not really accurate to say they weren't "allow[ing]" them since they did allow those Google and Motorola versions with all radios installed onto their network, or perhaps better said, didn't "prevent" them from access to same.

No, they weren't offering one for purchase a the Phone Center Stores, but that's as close to not allowing them that they came.
While they did allow active sims to be used in the n6, you could not activate a n6 on their network. Had to use another device first.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
While they did allow active sims to be used in the n6, you could not activate a n6 on their network. Had to use another device first.
Well that's a valid point and clears up the possible confusion. Thanks for that enlightenment.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did use the SIM and still use the same SIM from my Note 4 "trimmed in with a nano SIM cutting tool" for my 64 GB white Nexus 6, which was a non Verizon variant. It worked and still works like a charm, it does say Nexus 6 in my Verizon account but non Verizon variant.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

madmuthertrucker

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
The Huawei, because bigger is better. I heard the LG was going to be more affordable while the Huawei is going to be more high end. A Verizon rep told me that they are going to allow any phone on their network, as long as it works on their network.

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'm hoping the N6 is the phone I want to replace my Note II. I'm stuck with Verizon due to coverage where I live and ride, so I want a Nexus.

madmuthertrucker

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I'm hoping the N6 is the phone I want to replace my Note II. I'm stuck with Verizon due to coverage where I live and ride, so I want a Nexus.
I went from Note 2 to Nexus 6. I loved that Note 2. I'm on Verizon too. I think you'll like the Nexus 6.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
You will be quite pleased and shocked at the same time, of how buttery smooth the Nexus 6 is compared to the TW lag fest on your N2, and at $300 it's a steal.
There is nothing like pure stock Android.

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
You will be quite pleased and shocked at the same time, of how buttery smooth the Nexus 6 is compared to the TW lag fest on your N2, and at $300 it's a steal.
There is nothing like pure stock Android.
Fortunately there was a great tw rom by mikeyxda that I've run for the past 3yrs. No lag. But the battery is starting to give up, and ya I miss aosp. Wish it were only $300.00.