Huawei - Ideos 7" Tablet S7 Is it Worth It?

skoobygeek

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone has had a chance to get their hands on the Huawei - Ideos 7" Tablet S7? If so what do you think of it and is it worth getting? Also is Market place attached to it?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moved to off topic. Not appropriate for Droid General Discussion and unfortunately we do not have an are for discussing this tablet.

bassic83

Reaction score
I got one, it is running 2.1, and it has full Market on it. If you put a SIM in it, it also functions as a cell phone (BT headset needed). The screen is resistive, but I don't have any problems with it, it's really pretty responsive. I have read that it will get Froyo 1st Quarter '11, hoping someone is able to make a custom ROM for it before then. I like it, it's really nice to have on the coffee table for checking email, adding Netflix movies to the queue, hitting FB, that sort of thing. Haven't really used it much out of the house, the WiFi is good, it seems to render websites very quickly. Haven't used the 3G much, just once to hit Market, after that, my wifi has been the go-to connection. I can do some of my work at home through Citrix, but when I type documents I have to be careful, as the stupid "predictive text" tried to substitute contact names for real words! LOL...I use my fingernail for dragging stuff around on the display, but that's just a minor thing.

So it is fast, fits easily in my inside jacket pocket, and you're guaranteed that people will notice it out in the real world. Kinda looks like a giant-sized iPhone to a casual observer...I did put Launcher Pro on it, because I didn't care too much for the stock Home, now it is pretty much a clone of my VZ Droid as far as apps and contacts, and media. I put RockPlayer on it as well, seems to function pretty well. Using wifi, on the internet for an hour or so checking mail, FB updates, some video from YouTube, then playing a half-hour of Angry Birds, then reading for an hour in bed from Kindle App, I still had 37% battery left. Pretty decent. I'm really liking it, and my wife likes it too, though she doesn't know Android interface that well (she's a Blackberry girl)...she still sees it as something pretty cool. All in all, I really like it, it's handy and easily grabbable with one hand.

buzzman

Reaction score
hello bassic83-
I have an H s7 and I do not need a BT headset to make phone calls. It has a mike and 2 speakers built in. I did a test call to skype and it picked up my voice with no problem. You can also use a wired headset with a mike built in ie, iphone type headset.

This is a pretty cool piece of hardware! Froyo would be a great upgrade.

merryjooana

Reaction score
I know this topic is a little bit dead...but I was wondering if this tablet can be used as a phone without adding a sim card. I use Cricket and it would really be a pain in the ass to have to switch to t-mobile or something just to replace my phone. I'm not a fan of the contract companies and I would just prefer to flash everything onto my nice, cheap network

BlueMax

Reaction score
New Ideos- Have Problems

Have the S7. have read several places, including Huawei that they will have 2.2 out in March-February. Also read some one was able to find app for Flash- I cannot? I cannot get my PC to see it. downloaded suggested driver off their site. any help would be appreciated. Great tablet, but this is frustrating.

BlueMax

Reaction score
Problem solved

If you can't get PC to seed tablet. Go to www.huawei.com, find the downloads, for usb drivers for vista and Windows 7. down load and install. If you plug in Tablet and hear sound it is seeing it. go to upper right window and click on the little squares with the i on it. Under notifications you should see the device, click to connect!

ebarcus

Reaction score
I have a post over at Android Tablets called:Your First Day with an S7

after those upgrades the only thing i miss compared to my droid is the multi-touch abilities :/ other than that it is a GREAT value tablet that runs strong and has a super potential to be even BETTER (no bootloader yet, no custom rom, lots of room to expand)