Huawei Has Grown to Become the World's Third Largest Phone Maker

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
huawei-white-sign.jpeg

The folks over at Strategy Analytics put out their latest numbers of the mobile industry. Apparently, Huawei has grown to become the number three player in the world. Huawei now holds 7 percent of the world's market share, just behind Apple at 10 percent and Samsung at 20.5 percent.

Intriguingly, Microsoft formerly held on to that third place title, but this was only because they now own Nokia. Of course, they haven't really done much with the Nokia brand, so that has slipped substantially, which is a factor in this upset for third place.

It's not just Microsoft faltering with Nokia though. Huawei has been working hard to gain marketshare and it has paid off. Here's a link to their full press release: Huawei Becomes World s 3rd Largest Mobile Phone Vendor in Q2 2015

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
This just makes me that much more excited to see them build a Nexus and bring it to the US. I'll be incredibly bummed if vzw tries to block it for some reason.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I thought Microsoft Dissolved Nokia and cut their losses. Maybe wrong

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I would love a great MS phone. Their last one was what? The 1520?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Not too derail the thread, but Nokia is coming out with this bad@ss VR camera Nokia reveals Ozo a futuristic new camera for filming virtual reality The Verge that may just put them back in the game, at least financially. If they can do in the VR world what GoPro did, and corner the market by being THE go-to VR camera for professionals and then eventually consumer models..... Especially with VR coming out in so many affordable formats. I think we're going to see a real resurgence with the Nokia brand if this happens.

S5 tap'n

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Wasn't Huawei the company the the U.S. government blacklisted for government usage?

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Wasn't Huawei the company the the U.S. government blacklisted for government usage?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Yes, along with ZTE and Lenovo. If memory serves me, I believe the allegations turned out to be false.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Yes, along with ZTE and Lenovo. If memory serves me, I believe the allegations turned out to be false.

I think they were jumping the gun and that the government starting this led to China banning a lot of U.S. tech companies from their government agencies.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I think they were jumping the gun and that the government starting this led to China banning a lot of U.S. tech companies from their government agencies.
Sad to say but there isn't much US Tech out there. Its really all over seas. At least all the cutting edge stuff