html viewer/gmail problems

neilrl79

Reaction score
My work emails me once a week with various open jobs to bid on. it comes as an attachment and i never had any problems viewing them with the preview button until today. after rooting and installing a rom last night whenever i would try to view a file ,not necessarily in gmail, it would give me an option to use "HTML Viewer" or "Astro File Manager" and i think a couple of times "Gallery" was an option. there would also be an option to "make this the default action" witch i accidentally selected and therefore no longer get the option to choose, i don't know if this is related to my gmail problem or not but i still would like to choose the action everytime. any help would greatly appreciated.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
On Android 2.1: phone settings > applications > manage applications > menu > filter > all

then go to any application, for example HTML Viewer, and "Clear defaults" for the app. The next time you click on an attachment, it should give you a choice again.

OP
neilrl79

neilrl79

Reaction score
ok, i have a gigantic headache so coming up with complete thoughts is posing somewhat of a challange. i think the better way to ask my question is... How do i get the gmail app to let me preview rtf attachments? it used to do it with no pproblem.