1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

HTML Exchange Email Support in Froyo?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by 48hughey, Jul 1, 2010.

1. 48hughey

48hughey New Member

2.1 supported HTML exchange email (I'm pretty sure it was built-in, but I also saw a modified .apk floating around), but ever since moving to 2.2 ROMs, I have lost the ability to view my exchange emails in HTML. Is there an Email.apk that supports HTML that is compatible with BB. 04? Or is there something else that can be done to enable this?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  2. 48hughey

48hughey New Member

I can't believe I am the only one wanting this! Even with everything 2.2 has to offer, I am tempted to go back to a 2.1 ROM because of this...and I really don't want to have to do that...:icon_ cry:Any help? Bueller...?
  3. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Well, you're certainly not the only one that wants HTML mail with Exchange and Froyo. I've just never used the stock email app for Exchange.
  4. jm1797

jm1797 New Member

The modified Email.apk for BB1.1 is awesome....HTML viewing plus signature ability on all your email replies and forwards. That's the big reason I'm staying with 1.1 . I definitely need that for work. I tried installing the Email.apk into 0.4 and it just force closes like crazy.

Same thing with Mms.apk that allows for led color changes and a black backround. It will install fine in 1.1 but force closes in 0.4.

Those are the 2 main reason I'm staying with 1.1....besides it's smooth as butter for me. I will definitely switch when someone figures that stuff out!
  5. 48hughey

48hughey New Member

Exactly. LOVED it! (I'm a former BES user, so I missed my HTML emails!!!)

I installed the modified MMs.apk from NexTang for 0.4 and it worked great. No black background, but it does allow you to change the LED color/frequency in BB v0.4

It looks like it will be back to BB 1.1 for me too...for now...

Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one going through HTML withdrawals!
  6. Ziv (Eye-Fi co-founder)

Ziv (Eye-Fi co-founder) New Member

I'm also anxiously waiting for HTML to come back. How did this break in the first place? It's a pretty major issue, IMO.

I'm also waiting for Pandora to sound as well as it did in 2.1
Search tags for this page

android:forcehtml