HTCThunderbolt internet issues

tutu

Reaction score
Aloha, I am new to this forum. I began having a couple of issues with my phone in the past 24 hours. I noticed that on my flip clock on the home page the weather widget was giving me Dallas weather. I thought that was odd since I live on Maui and it always gives me a location on this island. I rebooted my phone and all was well, I was able to access all my favorite sites. Then later today it is giving me another island's weather...the Big Island's...I understand this is close, but also noticed the 3G symbol is missing and when I try to access Google, the Market, or things like my facebook or email accounts, I am unable to do that. The phone itself works. I did try rebooting, shutting down, removing battery...help me please. I don't know what I touched! Thank you so much!:)

Nitsuamon

Reaction score
Try and master reset your phone, mine did that for a wile but that should fix it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
T

tutu

Reaction score
How exactly do I do that without losing all my information? This is my first android phone. I moved up from a Blackberry.

Nitsuamon

Reaction score
I'm not an expert when it comes to that, I have had to reset my phone 2 times since I got the T-Bolt. Verizon told me it was an issue with the software.

It's a pain but sometimes its the only way to do things.

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
How exactly do I do that without losing all my information? This is my first android phone. I moved up from a Blackberry.

Master reset does just that. It Wipes your phone clean of anything on it and puts it back to "right out of box" condition. Once you wipe, Data go bye bye:( just like BB

OP
T

tutu

Reaction score
Rats! That's what I'm afraid of. I don't have alot of new stuff on there yet as it is still less than 2 months new to me, but at the same time would hate to lose all my contact info and pictures. Thanks for the information!!!

Nitsuamon

Reaction score
It won't mess with your pictures as long as they are on your SD card, and your contacts/apps should be backed up on your Google account. So when you log in it will transfer it all back to you. Make sure you sync everything before you reset it just to make sure everything is saved.

OP
T

tutu

Reaction score
Oh ok, thank you so much!!!!! I genuinely appreciate your help!:)

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
aloha and welcome to the forum! Were u able to get the issue resolved?

sent from my Hawaiian Xoom...ALOHA