HTC's Profits Nosedive by 58% in Quarter 2

cdm369

Reaction score
cybertec69 said:
HTC unlocked their bootloader, a Verizon NO NO, the big red Gorilla got angry, just like Verizon is the only carrier with the S3 that has a locked bootloader, on every other carrier it's ready to be moded, WTF Verizon.

Verizon is about total control. Especially now that their data rates are so high and getting rid of unlimited. They aren't happy unless they can control every aspect of your device.

tommyz

Reaction score
I have the Thunderbolt. Plain and simple, I will not buy another HTC phone again. For crying out loud, my Motorola Original Droid is still working and there are things on that old phone the HTC doesn't have. This news about HTC doesn't surprise me.

kparks

Reaction score
tommyz said:
I have the Thunderbolt. Plain and simple, I will not buy another HTC phone again. For crying out loud, my Motorola Original Droid is still working and there are things on that old phone the HTC doesn't have. This news about HTC doesn't surprise me.

There are many people in these forums and me included will say the thunderbolt is the best phone we ever used.. battery sucks tho

cdm369

Reaction score
It's because they push moto. It's sad because htc deserves better. I know thunderbolt users have had a lot to deal with though. It's rediculous that a carrier should even be allowed to nudge us to a particular brand or device. They should sell us what we want and support what they sell properly.

Caesars

Reaction score
Vote with your wallet, otherwise our complaints will go unheard.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

tommyz

Reaction score
There are many people in these forums and me included will say the thunderbolt is the best phone we ever used.. battery sucks tho

I've got around the battery issue by purchasing the extended battery hump for my phone.

There is one thing that bugs me everyday with the Thunderbolt. The lack of a useful LED for status information. First, It's only two colors! Second, It's useless if your charging the phone.(no way to tell if there's a message, missed call, etc.)

Even my original Droid had two different lights for charging and a 2nd status light. Why would they miss this simple design piece.

I could make a list for the Thunderbolt, but it's been done elsewhere.

December 12, 2012 is when I can upgrade my phone, and probably lose my unlimited data:angry:

champaned_out

Reaction score
coming from a OG Droid to the thunderbolt... i missed the multicolored LED lights as well
i too have a extended battery, the rezound battery and the standard battery for the thunderbolt but none of the batteries really satisfy me... the extended is a beast but i cant get used to the extra girth... the rezound battery shows some improvement but still no where near enough to last a full day if i use it the way i want

i dont know what HTC's development department was thinking with the size of all their batteries in their past and current phones... i mean the one X is a beautiful phone but why stick such a puny sized battery in it and to top it off make it non removable... seriously htc? other companies were already putting in 2000+mAh batteries into their flagship phones before the one x even made it's debut...

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
cdm369 said:
It's because they push moto. It's sad because htc deserves better. I know thunderbolt users have had a lot to deal with though. It's rediculous that a carrier should even be allowed to nudge us to a particular brand or device. They should sell us what we want and support what they sell properly.

Leave Verizon then. You are not forced to do business with them. If no one gives them a reason to change they are not going to do so.

cdm369

Reaction score
They have no real competition in most places. That's the problem.