HTC's New Flagship Might Look Like an iPhone

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc-a9-aero-leak.jpg

If the image above is legitimate, it's entirely possible that HTC has hit rock bottom in the creativity department. Supposedly, the images you see are the leaked HTC A9 Aero, which the company is rumored to be launching later this year. What becomes patently obvious is just how much this device copies the look of the newest iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.

Of course, here at HQ we are hoping (and suspect) that this is completely fake. Still, at this point, HTC could be so desperate they might really be grasping at straws like these. Along with this image we have leaked specs as well:
  • 10-core MediaTek Helio X20 processor
  • 4GB of RAM
  • 5.2-inch quad HD display
  • 3,500mAh battery
Although we are crossing our fingers that the design images above are fake, we are doing the opposite for the specs. Between that beefy battery and the 10-core MediaTek Helio X20 CPU, this could be a phone that lasts for 2-3 days!

As an aside, please note that the rumors suggest that the 10-core CPU was a design decision to help reduce heat and improve battery life. It is not meant for maximum performance, although it shouldn't be a slouch in that department either.

What do you guys think? If this is real is this a sign of HTC circling the drain or getting crafty?

Source: Sina Visitor System

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
I'm a little skeptical on this. Looks like someone just took an iPhone 6+ and worked their Photoshop magic on it. As dumb as HTC might seem I doubt they are dumb enough to just blatantly copy Apple's design and risky being sued. I could be wrong though lol

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
They are "borrow" design from each other. Wait and see who sues whom...

From my new S5

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
TBH, whether apple copied HTC or vice verse I have to admit that depending on where this device is market will determine its possible success. Overseas it may do well and being the laws may be a little lax this may not be a big deal.

People that rock android do not want their phone confused with the iPhone they want there to be a distinct difference. So I do not see this phone selling well here, in fact that would be a colossal failure.

After the failure HTC had with the M9 they better come with something stronger than that or they are going to find themselves switching places with Huawei where Huawei is selling phones to big name carriers and HTC is selling phones to non-contract carriers like Cricket or Metro.
1583d1328821743-cricket-huawei-mercury.jpg

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
Exactly - something that Samsung is about to find out. People who want iPhones buy them. People who do not want them get an android. They will not get new customers that way but will lose many others.

TBH, whether apple copied HTC or vice verse I have to admit that depending on where this device is market will determine its possible success. Overseas it may do well and being the laws may be a little lax this may not be a big deal.

People that rock android do not want their phone confused with the iPhone they want there to be a distinct difference. So I do not see this phone selling well here, in fact that would be a colossal failure.

After the failure HTC had with the M9 they better come with something stronger than that or they are going to find themselves switching places with Huawei where Huawei is selling phones to big name carriers and HTC is selling phones to non-contract carriers like Cricket or Metro.
1583d1328821743-cricket-huawei-mercury.jpg

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I've seen manufacturers put out devices that look way more similar to an iPhone than this design :shrug:

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one that is getting sick of seeing phones styled like the damn iPhone???

Sent from my Verizon G4

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Am I the only one that is getting sick of seeing phones styled like the damn iPhone???

Sent from my Verizon G4
Derailing a little... I just saw you are from Muskego WI... I have never heard of that but I am from Muskegon, MI

As far as the shape or look of the iphone I have to admit one of the best feeling phones I have ever had to this day is still the iPhone 4s. It just felt nice in the hand. My Note 4 is now the closest I have come to that same good feel

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The S6 and i6 feel the same, slick and gonna break the longer I hold it.
It's funny that the iPhone hasn't changed much, and the others keep changing to look closer to it...

From my new S5

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Derailing a little... I just saw you are from Muskego WI... I have never heard of that but I am from Muskegon, MI

As far as the shape or look of the iphone I have to admit one of the best feeling phones I have ever had to this day is still the iPhone 4s. It just felt nice in the hand. My Note 4 is now the closest I have come to that same good feel
Almost exactly across the Lake from me. Or, where I used to be anyway :) Thanks for reminding me I need to change my location lol

Sent from my Verizon G4

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
I don't have my Note 4 in a case mostly because I love the leather feel on the back. It has never felt slippery or cheap. I hate the feel of metal and glass phones. They feel unstable and cold in the hand to me.