Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I think HTC is doing everything they can to get their name out there and get people talking. (Which they've obviously succeeded at doing)
Remember, it wasn't that long ago HTC was on their last leg and have been struggling to regain market share for sometime now.
I believe the old addage of, "any publicity is good publicity", applies in this situation.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I think HTC is doing everything they can to get their name out there and get people talking. (Which they've obviously succeeded at doing)
Remember, it wasn't that long ago HTC was on their last leg and have been struggling to regain market share for sometime now.
I believe the old addage of, "any publicity is good publicity", applies in this situation.

They should be making videos that highlight the phone's functionalities instead of goofing around with a couple of people not showing me how their product will enhance my user experience.

Look at what Apple does. They show people ways that you can integrate their lineup into your life.

Valvoline

Reaction score
I thought the video was hilarious. It was terrible, and purposely so. Anyone that thinks it was an attempt at an actual marketing effort, needs to take a pill. C'mon really? All too often people get cooped up inside their cubicle staring at mp's and multi-cores. Props to HTC for not taking themselves too serious, going out and doing something totally half-witted. All it was meant to do is start a conversation. The making of video is fantastically scripted, too stupid to watch, lol.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
That song and video was terrible. But I still love HTC.

Word to Peter Chou!

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Throw my vote in for the "relax it's just a spoof" version of events. I can vividly picture the discussion in the boardroom as they planned the video...they're clearly poking fun at themselves. Everyone here is far too market savvy to recognize that it's just low-budget humor.

-Matt