HTC Will Soon Invest $40Million in OnLive to Improve Mobile Gaming

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc-logo-3.jpg

HTC apparently sees some future in mobile gaming as it will soon invest $40 Million dollars into the cloud computing company OnLive, to improve gaming on smartphones. This news comes shortly after a previous announcement by HTC to acquire the digital media development company Saffron Digital.

It seems as if HTC believes the future is in mobile multi-media entertainment and is aggressively expanding into these markets. What do you think of HTC's 'vision' of the future? Hit or miss?

Source: WSJ

moosez3

Reaction score
Hit if they can make phones with better battery life.

yahwarrior

Reaction score
This means the highest end PC games will be on tablets very soon. This is the end of console gaming.

aRsTwiX

Reaction score
:O I posted this yesterday :(

But anyway... I think it might be nice. I've never really been phone gamer. Never really felt like they met the potential of a game I would like to play.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I signed up for the OnLive beta, never used it. Interesting concept for the home. Interesting concept for tablets. Streaming games, 4G.... if not unlimited expect to pay thru the cheeks for it.

But, if it takes off it should mean big things for Android and WP7 with gaming.

This means the highest end PC games will be on tablets very soon. This is the end of console gaming.

I dont know...something about touch only controls isnt as good as physical controls to me. Unless you mean using a physical keyboard with a tablet.