1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

HTC Vivid, SII Skyrocket, or ?

Discussion in 'Android Smart Phones' started by liquidzoo, May 8, 2012.

1. liquidzoo

liquidzoo New Member

I know that this forum is mainly for Verizon phones, but I want to ask for an opinion anyway.

I'm getting to the point where I need to upgrade my 3GS. I know that I won't be able to do some of the same things with a non-iPhone (audiobooks, for 1, and some of the apps), but I do remember really liking my original Droid. I'm torn about which phone I am going to get.

Keeping in mind I am on AT&T now, the choices I've narrowed it to (though this is not final):
    • HTC Vivid
    • Samsung SII Skyrocket (unless the original SII is any better)
    • iPhone 4/4S
    Are there others that would be recommended? I'm only looking for Android or iOS. I'm not sure if I need the SD Card slot. I'm planning on using my current iPhone for audio books in my car if I can't have the same functionality with Android. Rooting isn't that important (I don't have my iPhone jailbroken), though it would be nice to be able to do so.

Please, help me decide... I'm stuck, and reading what people say about the phones on PhoneScoop isn't helping that much.
  2. osirhis

osirhis New Member

I, personally, have the regular GS2 and I couldn't be happier with it. When I made the switch to AT & T from Verizon, I looked at both the GS2 and the Skyrocket. Every side by side test I found on YouTube showed the GS2 beating the Skyrocket... And the GS2 runs at about $100 with contract.

Other perks about the GS2:
    -It is thinner and lighter than an iPhone 4S
    -It had a super sharp Super AMOLED+ display
    -Dual core smoothness
    -Lack of an LTE radio means better battery life

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
  3. liquidzoo

liquidzoo New Member

I thought about that one too. Not sure if the screen on the Vivid is any better (screen resolution is better), and I have no idea what the LTE radio would do to the battery life. Price on the Vivid is $50 cheaper, though I'm still not sure which one to get.

Though of the options I've looked at (including the One X), the Vivid is the heaviest by far...

Not sure if that's going to make a difference, though.
    Last edited: May 8, 2012
  4. BOBTECH

BOBTECH New Member

I'll tell you what you can't go wrong with the skyrocket. I've had it for about 3 months in absolutely think it's the best phone! [​IMG] I come from a long line of android phones also. I also think that it blows the sii out of the box.LTE isn't that bad for battery. also try amazon wireless the phone is very cheap there!